Help Out • Damiano

Comment and vote please
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk down the street, not looking back - just in case I start to feel something that I don't need to feel right now. No forgiveness or mercy. It's their fault.

I guess the place that I'm actually accepted in, is the only place that can go now. Its hard to keep this secret from so many people, but I had to do it at the correct time - when I was ready.

I walk up the drive way to the De Angelis household, and see that all their lights are off. Of course they're all asleep, but I decide to not knock, and instead just go sleep in the studio, I'm sure she won't mind.

I walk down the path to the studio, while trying to be as quiet as possible. I open the large door to the garage, and Quietly make my way inside.

I remember there was always bags of clothes that were in the loft thing, so I make my way up the ladder, to grab a spare shirt or shorts.

When I get up there, the bags of clothes are gone, which is just my luck. I climb down the ladder, ready to sleep on the couch until morning. It was pretty dark inside the studio, but I couldn't remember where the light switch is, so I just make my way toward the couch.

As I sit down, a loud groan comes from underneath me. Freaking out, I grab my phone and switch on the flashlight, so I can see the person that I just sat on.

"Vic? It's just me." The boy in front of me sits up and runs his hands over his face.

"Who are you!" He looks up quickly, at the sound of my voice. He was obviously familiar with Vic, but not me. I wonder why I don't know him.

"You're not Victoria." I give him a 'duh' look, at his very obvious observation.

"I mean, you can see me, and you're not Vic."

"Listen dude, I've had a rough night, and honestly I don't care what drugs you're on, just move so I can sleep." I basically fling him out of my way and lay down on the couch.

I close my eyes and try to forget about what had happened a few minutes prior.

"She's very sleepy." I hear a voice whisper in front of my face. I open my eyes, and see a different guy staring right at me.

My eyes widen and I scream, at the fact that I could've just spoken to some kind of intruder.

I stand up and grab my phone.

The guy I was talking to before slaps the guy who was in front of my face, as he stands up.

"What are you doing in here, and who are you?" My voice is shaking, but I try keep my cool.

"I'm Damiano, this is Ethan, we live here."

"You don't live here. This is the De Angelis's house, and I don't know who you are, but you're definitely not one of them."

"We're just some friends, we just moved to this town, and Vic was kind enough to let us stay here."

"Okay." I know they're lying, if they were telling the truth, Vic would've told me about them.

I walk over to them and forcefully push them out the door, closing it, and locking it, when I finally close it.

"Just let me handle her." I hear a muffled voice from outside, but soon it goes quiet, so I sign and turn around, only to be met with Damiano.

"How? Where? What?" I stutter.

"I can explain." He smiles.

"Okay?"

"Only if you tell me why you're here."

"This isn't a fair bargain."

"Bold to assume that." He smirks.

"You can wipe that smirk off your face, it's not gonna work with me." I walk over to the couch and sit on it. Soon enough, Damiano joins me.

"You go first." He says with confidence.

"I never agreed to this."

He pouts and crosses his arms, usually it wouldn't work on me, but I just wanna sleep, so telling him just seemed like a easier way to get there.

"I got kicked out of my house. I came out to my parents and they didn't like it very much, so they kicked me out." His face scrunches with confusion.

"People still act like that?"

"What? I mean I think they do, I know a lot more people are okay with that sort of thing, but I guess my folks just aren't there yet."

"I know how that feels. My best friend got kicked out too, he's gay."

"Cool."

"I'm a ghost." He says bluntly. I stare at him with shock.

"What?"

"We made a deal, you tell me why you're here, I tell you how I got in here after you locked us out. I'm a ghost, so is Ethan, and Thomas, but you haven't met him yet."

"Right." I start laughing nervously, instantly regretting my choice - to tell him about my parents.

"I'm serious, why do you think I was so shocked that you could see me."

"Because you're on some kind of hallucinogenic."

"No. I'm a ghost, try touch me."

I look at him with open eyes.

"Not in that way." He reassures. "Just try touch my shoulder."

I think about it for a second before I lift my right hand and touch him. I put my hand on his shoulder and look at him.

"I touched you, now what?"

"You weren't supposed to do that."

"Okay. I think I've had enough crazy talk for today. Good luck with that stuff." I go sit on the single seater couch and watch Damiano lay down on the larger couch.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Going to bed? It's usually what people do at night."

"Okay, just don't wake me up - if I'm asleep, okay?"

"Sure thing. By the way?" I look toward him. "What's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Well Y/n, I think that despite what your parents think, you're pretty cool, regardless of who you like."

"Thanks ghost boy." He groans in annoyance, at the newly appointed nickname.