Chapter Twenty - Carter

Come hither glances were being tossed from different areas of the club. Gaggles of girls flipping their hair and teasing their hands over their tits as they dance together, facing away from the stage, and instead they're angled towards where Seamus and I sit. Under normal circumstances I'd have invited them over, but tonight my attention was elsewhere.

   Marcus and Ella had been joined at the mouth for the bands last three songs, his hands travelling rapidly over her back and thighs, gripping, and loosening on the fabric of her dress. Seamus sighs beside me, his eyes trained on Lou's dance partner, Kate.

   I could sit back and watch Lou's lithe body sway to the hypnotic sound of the band's drum and bass guitar for hours, days. Her slim waist and supple hips twisting in time with the beat, one hand entwined with her friend's, the other delicately wrapped around her drink.

   The occasional strobe light beaming from the stage is making her thick blonde hair glimmer like an angel's halo. That's what she looked like, standing out like a beacon, amongst the writhing crowd: an angel.

    A gorgeous, seductive angel, who was going to be the death of me.

   My pulse had sky rocketed the moment she'd looked at me in the reflection, with her soft, wet mouth dancing over her fingers, licking the lime juice from her hand. My cock was still hard as I thought about it. I'd had to shuffle around in my seat to stop it from straining against my zipper, like a fucking pubescent teen.

   Lou had stared back at me, blue eyes challenging and unflinching at my obvious desire. How was she so innocent but sexy at the same time?

   Her head falls back as she listens to the music, the red light shining from the stage lights up her profile, her eyes closed, and lips parted. It was subtle, but I noticed it, the softness in her shoulders, her posture, she was relaxed, enjoying herself in the moment. How often did she allow herself to do that?

   It was impossible not to notice the male attention garnered by Lou, like cackling hyena's circling a lioness. I mean, who could blame them? She had no idea the reaction she elicited. I wonder if she had any idea that she was driving me fucking insane.

   Lou was far too polite to ignore them completely enough for my liking. A couple of them edge closer, and it's close enough for me to rise from my seat and make my way towards the dance floor.

   "This next one is actually a cover! We hope you like it!" The lead singer takes a quick swig of his beer before readjusting his guitar strap and wiping his sweat slicken forehead. The lights dim completely, leaving only the lead singer under a spotlight, and the crowd lets out an almost hysterical cheer. A few mellow notes are played on the keyboard, and he croons 'I'm going back to 505...' The crowd lose it even more when they recognise the Arctic Monkeys song.

    Once again my added size and height make it easy to approach Lou, the crowd parts like the red sea. Smiles that had lit up the faces of girls who'd been trying to get my attention are soon dropped when they notice they're not my target.

   The delusional guys who'd lingered hopefully around Lou deflate at the sight of my approach. Sucks to be you I guess.

    Only a few feet from her now and despite the minimal lighting I stare each of the guys down, letting my eyes and body language speak for me. She's mine. They dissipate like a spooked school of fish.

   I notice Kate catch sight of me over her left shoulder, and apparently it's not just me who'd been drawn to the dancefloor. Kate's wide eyes drift just behind me, to where Seamus had followed. She squeezes Lou's hand erratically before letting it go and smiling excitedly at Seamus.