Murder in the Safe Zone

~March 6, 2024 Floor 56: Pani~

The Assult Team was gathered around the table going over the plan for the mini boss.

Asuna: we'll lure the Field Boss into the village.

Everyone then started whispering amongst themselves and this idea of hers was pissing me off.

Y/n: h-hold up a second. If we do that then the villagers...

Asuna: that's the goal. While the boss is killing NPCs, we're going to attack it, and then destroy it.

Y/n: NPCs aren't just a piece of code like the trees or rocks in this place. They're...

Asuna: alive? Is that it?

I then got a little nervous and shocked.

Asuna: They're only objects. Even if they're killed, they'll just respawn.

Y/n: I'm sorry Asuna, but I can't go along with that strategy.

Asuna: it's been decided that this operation will be run by myself, Asuna, vice commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath. You will obey my orders.

Y/n mind: this world has an amazing way of changing a person.

~timeskip~

The meeting was done and we all left. I was on my way to the town.

Agil: hey. You two got into it again, huh?

Y/n: what are you talking about, Agil?

Agil: you and the second-in-command... why are you always like that?

Y/n: that's because we don't have that much of good chemistry. I told her that she can become powerful and not to decline a trusted person's guild invitation. But who would have guessed she became a floor-clearing devil in KoB?

~April 11, 2024 Floor 59: Danac~

It was the most pieceful day I've ever had in this game full of death, so I decided to lay down underneath a tree and rest.

Asuna: what are you doing?

I opened my eyes and looked up seeing Asuna looking down on me. I then closed my eyes again.

Y/n: oh, it's just you.

Asuna: everyone else in the Assult Team is going all out to clear the dungeon, so... what are you doing taking a nap out here? Even solo players need to take this more seriously----

Y/n: ontop of this being the nicest season on Aincrad, today's weather is at its maximum setting. Going and work on a day like this would be a waste of time.

Asuna: do you even understand what's going on? Every day we waste here is one more we've lost in the real world.

Y/n: yeah, but right now we live here on Aincrad.

A gentle breeze then brushes by and it makes this place seem more like the real world.

Y/n: ya see? Don't the breeze and sunlight feel good.

Asuna: do they? Isn't the weather always the same?

Y/n: maybe if you were on the ground like me, you'd understand what I'm talking about.

I then fell asleep on the ground.

~timeskip~

I finally woke up and stretched a little. I then looked to my side and jumped a little because I saw Asuna laying down sleeping next to me.

Y/n mind: she actually did it?!

???: hey, take a look at that. Taking a nap at this time of day? Some people don't have a care in the world.