Return

I was at my family's house for the weekend and I was having a nice dream. I was sitting next to Asuna on a rocking chair on the porch of our house in Aincrad. I was also reading a book and Asuna's head fell onto my shoulder. I looked up and the sky and all it took was on boom for everything to go to hell. I looked around not seeing Asuna anywhere unaware of what's happening.

Y/n: where are you Asuna!

I saw a realty looking shater and the house was gone. I then woke up and shot out of my bed still worried and sweating. I then piered over to my Nervegear that I set on my dresser and I got up seeing it was 7:15.

Y/n: I'm suprised I'm turning into a crybaby, Asuna.

I walked down stairs and sat down watching Suguha practicing. Once she stopped she turned around and saw me.

Y/n: morning, Sis.

Suguha: m-morning... Honestly... if you were watching, you should've said something.

Y/n: you just seemed very focused.

She then came over and sat down a few feet away from me.

Suguha: I wasn't really. It's just a habit now.

She put down her kendo stick and I grabbed it examining it.

Y/n: is that so... You've been working hard like that for a long time, right? It's really light.

Suguha: that's timber bamboo, so it's pretty heavy.

Y/n: what I meant was that it's lighter than I'd expect... Or compared to the stuff I'm used to carrying...

I then put the kendo stick back down and started drinking some water.

Suguha: what are you comparing it to?

Y/n: know what, how about I give it a go.

Suguha: a go? You mean a match?

Y/n: yep.

Suguha: a real one with protective gear?

Y/n: it could just be a first hit wins match... I wouldn't feel good if I hurt you right off the bat. We still have grandfather's gear, right? Let's do this in the old dojo.

Suguha: it's been two years, but you sound pretty confident, don't you? I was top eight in the middle-school nationals. Think you stand a chance? Also, are you sure you feel up to it? You shouldn't overdo it...

Y/n: I'll show you all the benefits of my rehab at the gym every day.

I then grabbed the water bottle and crushed it in my hand.

~timeskip~

We were in the kendo dojo wearing the protective gear and stood up while our kendo sticks were on our hips. Suguha took here's out and held hers infront of her holding the handle with one hand. I took out mine and was holding it behind with one hand while the other was infront of me.

Suguha: what's that, Big Brother?

Y/n: don't worry about it. It's just my own swordplay style. Let's get started.

Suguha: okay.

Suguha took two steps forward and stopped as she was thinking about something. I then charged in and tried swinging at her but she dodged and I back jumped. I did it again and I blocked one of her attacks then we started dodging each other's attacks. She then backed up almost until she was at the wall. She then charged in and I dodged and blocked an overhead attack then side stepped. She started using more powerful attacks and I dodged them all until we hit each other's sticks and held still trying to catch the other one off guard. She then deflected my sword and hit me on the head with her kendo stick making me stumble around a little bit.