Illusionary Avenger

I got scared and looked around until I saw a hooded figure standing on a roof.

Y/n: Asuna, you've got babysitting duty!

I then jumped out of the window and onto the next buildings roof.

Asuna: stop!

I then started chasing after the hooded player eventually catching up with them. They were reaching into their cloak for something and I grabbed the hilt of my sword. They then took out a teleport crystal.

Y/n: dammit.

I then grabbed some needles and threw it at them but a shield blocked it.

Y/n mind: aww, come on!

I then spead up and saw him mouthing something.

Y/n mind: he's teleporting? Too where?

A bell rings and the player teleported away making me stop.

Y/n: shit...

The bell then kept going off.

~timeskip~

I walked into Schmitt's room with the dagger in hand.

Asuna: you idiot!

I looked up seeing Asuna with her riper out.

Asuna: stop being so reckless!

She then put the riper away and her hands on her hips. I then walked in with anger swelling up inside me.

Asuna: well? What happened?

Y/n: I lost him. He escaped via a teleport crystal... The system protects us when we're in the inns. I was positive she was gonna be safe here. Dammit!

I then hit the wall and a panel showed up saying immoral object, but it got some of the anger out.

Schmitt: that robe was Griselda's.

Y/n: huh?

Schmitt: it was Griselda's ghost... She's finally come to get revenge on us! For a ghost, pulling off a safe-zone PK would be simple, right?

Y/n: that sure as hell wasn't a ghost. There has to be systematic logic to commit these two murders in the safe-zone. There's has to be!

~timeskip~

It was night time and I was sitting on a bench with Asuna.

Asuna: I wonder if that black-robed figure was really Griselda's ghost? Seeing those two deaths happen right before my eyes... even I'm starting to think it's true.

Y/n: no, that can never happen. First off, a ghost doesn't need a teleport crystal to get around... teleport crystal...

Asuna: what is it?

Y/n: never mind, it was nothing.

Asuna: here.

I grabbed the wrapped food she handed to me.

Y/n: you want me to have this?

Asuna: why else would I give it to you? You think I'm showing it off or something?

Y/n: t-thanks, I guess.

I opened it up and it was a sandwich.

Asuna: its durability is nearly at zero, so you should eat up before it disappears.

Y/n: s-sure thing.

I took one bite and I held it for a little bit.

Y/n: it's really delicious.