Chapter: 25 Bitten

When I'm reborn...how will I change?

Once every full moon a werewolf is supposed to fine their mate.  The other half of their soul.
The one that they are supposed to spend the rest of their life with.

Billy found that mate in a human...Eamon.

However, whenever he ran and his paws touched the Earth's soil. Particles around him flew all over. The grasslands danced while the wind whistled wildly.

Something was wrong with Eamon.
Billy felt something pierce in his chest and he felt a pang hit his chest again.

Mates had the ability to feel what the other felt. And Eamon hoped that nothing was wrong with Eamon. Eamon was in enough trouble as it is.
The problem with mates, is that they can literally feel what the other person is feeling.

It's part of their blood and dna sample.

They could feel their heartbeat.
Hear their thoughts.

Feel what they feel.
He was in the woods in his wolf form feeling the earth with his paws on the ground.

The air around him was thick with tension. As Billy found himself in his wolf form. Running around the forest with a sky coated of sparkling distant stars.

He had to find Eamon. His wolf was instantly tense without his mate.
Where was Eamon? Was he ok?

Were the only things that run through his head...

He could feel a sense of panic swelling within his blood and he pushed his wolf form to run further and faster toward the location of his mate.

Where was his mate?

It was then he heard it.
The sound of a piercing scream ripping through the air as the winds whistled wildly.

He ran toward the source until he finally met the source of the scream.

His father was about to strike him. Suddenly, it was as if Billy had no other thought run through his mind,  the only thing he could think of. Was that he had to get to his mate. Something could happen to him if he doesn't make it there on time.

With a huff and a grunt he urged his paws to move farther until lifting his hind legs up and attacking Eamon's dad in a swift motion.

He put the man down with his body over his.

His paws nearly scratching his face in the process. But he didn't care.

All Billy did in the end was successfully take down the perpetuator.

The man screamed as blood came pouring down the back of his neck.

In a corner, Eamon was safe.

So they were okay.

And that was all that mattered.