Chapter 19: Trouble

Eamon felt like dying it was so awkward.

Despite how normal things were for everyone else at the table he could feel how unwelcomed he was by Liam. He could feel his hot and heavy glares directed towards him and it made Eamon feel small. He was thankful that Billy kept a firm hold on him otherwise he would break out on a run and take off. As if sensing his nerves Billy started rubbing soothing circles on his leg, as much as he was grateful for having Billy around...Why was Billy suddenly acting like he was his boyfriend?

The moment that thought ran through his mind a furious blush rose up his neck staining his cheeks red. Billy had been giving Eamon a lot of signs lately and Eamon couldn't help but be flattered at that. A guy that he might just like back, actually shows signs of interest in him. But, Eamon couldn't bring himself to have another crush though, not after what happened with Neil. It was so strange though, why was everyone sitting around the table and acting as if nothing happened? Did Liam talk to Neil and make up? As Eamon was thinking about that he suddenly felt a heavy pair of eyes staring at him. He looked up from his plate and noticed Alec looking at him. He gulped as his heavy gaze turned into an awkard glare, he felt Billy's hand on him stop moving for a second only to squeeze his thigh.

And that was another thing that Eamon was confussed about...what was Alec's deal with him too!? Eamon knows that he's not a very bright person, it doesn't take a genius to see that but Alec was also giving him weird signals and he doesn't like it. For as long as he knew Alec, he has always been rude, mean and pushy towards him and now he's actually being nice? But why? What are his intentions towards him? It made him feel insecure and unsafe whenever he was around Alec. Alec was the type of guy that could crush a guy that looked like Eamon and not be sorry about it. In short, he was a dick and he doesn't appreciate dicks. 

"You okay?" A small tingle went through Eamon's spine when Billy's deep voice whispered into his ear. Eamon gulped when he saw that Liam was also still glaring at him. Please stop glaring... he whispered to himself. He wanted to leave, he didn't like the fact that he didn't feel welcomed here. He suddenly wanted to make an excuse to leave, he couldn't finish his lunch anymore. Eamon was trying so hard not to fight the urge to cry. His started to shake and he felt like he couldn't breathe, he hated it when people looked at him. 

"I-II... yeah, I just got to go. Forgot to do something." Eamon muttered softly as he fumbled around his thoughts, making up an excuse to leave.

"Where? You haven't finished your lunch." Billy said sternly. "You need to eat something." Eamon suddenly felt everyone's gazes on the table turn to him. 

"For once Billy is right Eamon." Arden said, this was the first time he ever spoke to Eamon directly. Liam looked at Arden in a confused way. 

"You need to eat." There was something so deep and commanding about his voice that made Eamon want to submit to it, but he couldn't do it. It was clear he wasn't wanted here, and he didn't want to be there and ruin everyone else's lunch.

"S-sorry...I uh...got to go anyways. I'll e-eat at h-home." Eamon forced a smile and hoped that it was somewhat believable. It was a lie anyway, he wasn't going to eat anymore...breakfast and lunch was the only time that he was able to eat anything. His dad never cared to spend money on food when he was busy doing something for work.  Eamon was always hungry, it didn't help that he had a fast metabolism either, at least he was good friends with the lunch lady. If he was lucky she could spare him some sort of lunch. He should have just stayed in the bathroom stall and finished what he had. Eamon scurried off of Billy's lap awkwardly, looking away instantly when he everyone at the table was now looking at him. He reached down and swooped the backpack underneath the table and took off running past the swinging doors and not looking back. He'll worry about food later. Right now he had to figure out where he was going to spend the rest of his 30 minutes of lunch. As he looked left and right he could see everyone at school had friends to hang out with. If they weren't in a group, they had at least one friend to be with. But Eamon had nobody, sure when he told Liam that he had a lot of friends around him he was lying. He was just saying that to make himself look cool.