Chapter 17: Uncertainty

It was like a blast of cold water splashed all over Eamon's face when Liam yelled at him. Nobody ever told him off the way he did. He winced when he felt the familiar sting of his chin and saw the blood on his shaking hands. He was right though, in every sense of the word. Instead of letting him talk he just stupidly jumped to conclusions. And now Liam embarrassed him in front of the two boys that only paid attention to him. Not even his family cared, and because of what Liam said, he lost them too. He felt the familiar sting in the back of his eyes as he refused to cry in front of them.

He already almost did with Billy, and he wasn't going to show anybody how weak he really was. He was defensive for a reason. Anybody he ever got close to would always eventually leave him or never stayed too close or long enough to care. It made him cold, and a jerk because he was scared. That's why he didn't want Liam to get too close too and now look at what happened. On the first day of school, he told Liam that he had many friends but that was a lie. He had no friends, had no family that bothered giving him the time of day and now nobody. Liam had every right to hit him. He wiped the blood off of his chin and sniffed.

Liam and him may have many things in common, but Liam wasn't an asshole.

"Eamon..." Alec said to his left but he just shrugged him off. "He's right. Don't you dare feel sorry for me." Eamon bit out as he glared at Alec, making him let out a sigh. Eamon tried to stand up on shaky legs, feeling a little traumatized. Liam used to be the one to protect him from bullies, and now he was scared that he made a bully out of him. But he had it coming to him, it was his fault. Billy tried grabbing onto his arm to prevent him from stumbling but he shook him off. He didn't need their help he was fine on his own.

He limped his way to the bathroom ignoring the stares of the librarian, Alec, Jace, and Billy.

"Young man please go to the nurse's office!" She called out but he ignored her. He didn't want to go to the nurse's office, if he did, they would call his dad and his dad would just make it worse. He was just going to tend to the wound like he would all the others.

Even though Billy was worried about Eamon, he couldn't help but feel a swell of pride when he refused help from anybody. He realized that he was in the wrong, and had the balls to stick it up. His heart sped up as he admired Eamon even more and felt an undying need and urge to be close to him. How was this short human so strong? He just been hit by a werewolf, and while he couldn't fight the urge to strike his luna. He couldn't do anything about it. If it were anyone else he would of hit him even harder. It would be so much easier if this wolf of his wanted another werewolf. But that was the alpha's mate, and he was already walking on a thin wire with him and he didn't want to cause anymore trouble. His blue eyes never strayed away from Eamon's retreating figure even as the librarian spoke.

"I hope you gentlemen would look after the boy. He has been refusing to go to the nurse's office a lot more recently. He has always been so stubborn and prideful." She mused making Billy's fists clench. "What do you mean a lot more recently?" Billy growled out as he whipped his head to look at her. "He has been getting hit?" Alec asked trying to control his alpha side to him. The librarian nodded unsurely.

"Unfortunately, poor boy goes through a lot here at school with the bullies and his father seems to be of no help either." She tsked. "He is a very strong for a little man."

"I thought I took care of those bullies." Alec growled out as Jace put a hand on his shaking shoulders.

"Calm down Alec."

"Well, I'll leave you boys be then." The librarian said as she went back inside the library.

And just when she did, the little alpha snapped at Billy making him roll his eyes. Now that his alpha wasn't there breathing down his neck he could say and do what he wanted.