As Long As You Have Love

Mikey's P.O.V

"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine," I hear a voice, a very faint voice, sing. The words echo in my head. They feel so close, but yet they sound so far away. I can hardly hear the singing over the throbbing, burning pain in my leg. Who's singing? It it God? Is this heaven?
"You make me happy when skies are grey," the voice gets a little louder. Wow, God sounds a lot like Donnie.
My ankle- my leg, my while body hurts so bad. It feels like someone cut me open then lit me on fire.
"You'll never know, Dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." Two wet drops fall on my forehead and I can feel something on my face, and there's something squeezing my hand. The voice is louder than it was before, and now the words are echoing in my head.
"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."
I attempt to move my hand, to squeeze back whatever is squeezing my hand.
I can't feel my other hand, I don't even know where it is. Right now my whole body is numb. Besides the nearly unbearable pain in my ankle and up my leg. I can feel a faint touch in my cheek and my hand, but that is it.
"Please, don't take my Sunshine away." A voice sobs.
"Please, don't take my Sunshine away." More wet drops fall on my face, almost like it's raining just on my face. I barely manage to open my eyes for a slight second.
"Don..?" I whisper, my lips are hardly able to move. I close my eyes again and I turn my head towards him.
"Y-yeah, it's me Mikey. Thank God you're okay." Donnie sobs and I think he tilts his forehead against mine.
"It hurts. Everything hurts so bad," my voice shakes and tears sneak out of my closed eyes and they roll down the sides of my cheeks. "Donnie make it stop," I sob softly and I squeeze his hand as tight as I can.
"Let's go home, I'll be able to help you better there. Okay?"
"I can't walk."
"That's okay, I'll carry you."
"C-can you sing to me again?"
"Of course I can." Donnie moves my head and I think he lays it on the ground. I can hear him shuffling things around. "This might hurt a little bit," he says and he wraps soemthing around my
leg.
I bite my lip as the scratchy texture of a...towel? Wraps around my ankle and up my
leg. I can feel the material rubbing against my raw skin.
"H-how did you find me?" I ask, trying to distract myself from the pain.
"I tracked your phone." Donnie says and I hear the sound of tape getting unwrapped. A few moments later I can feel him wrapping the tape around the towel to hold it shut.
"What happened to my leg?"
"Shhh...no more questions for now. Okay? You need to rest."
"It hurts too bad!" I sob and I reach for Donnie's hand but it's not there.
"I know Mikey," he says softly. I think he's behind me. "I'm going to help you sit up, then I will lift you onto my back. Alright?"
"Mhm," I nod and I sniffle.
"One...Two...Three!" Donnie lifts me up from under my arms and he gets me into a position so I'm sitting up. I groan in pain and it takes every ounce of energy I have to keep myself from falling over.
"Up we go!" Donnie throws my arms over his shoulders and he wraps his hands around my outer thighs. With a loud grunt and swift motion, he picks me up off the ground.
"I just have to call Raph, quickly." Donnie says and he leans forwards to keep me from falling off of his back as he lets go of one of my legs.
My eyelids feel like there's weights pulling them down, but I can hear the beeping coming from his phone. And since my head is so close to his, I can hear the ringing when he puts his phone by his ear.
"How is he?" Raph picks up the phone almost immediately. Was he really that worried...? I can he it in his voice, he was worried about me. I didn't think anyone would really care...
"He's alright, we're on our way home."
"Hurry." Raph says then the line goes silent.
"Are you mad at me?" I whisper and I let my head relax on Donnie's shoulder now that his hand isn't there to hold his phone.
"No, Mikey. No one is mad at you." Donnie starts to walk, he's walking slowly.
"C-can you sing now?" I ask and I can feel Donnie lift me up a little more so he can get a better grasp on my legs.
"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine..." As Donnie sings to me I focus on his voice. With what little strength I have left I attempt to give him a hug. I can feel myself drifting back into the deep, dark, void of nothingness.