Chapter 9

Could be seen stubbornness on him as Gojo just weakly chuckled, "You really.. Haa~ Why are you so into her? Megumi.. You are only 18.. She is five year older than you.. Don't you think it's better to date someone your age like nobara or maybe maki?". "I...Nobara said I love y/n.. If what I feel really love-", "Then what if it's not love? What if it's only a pity? An admiration?", hearing that, he fell silent. "For me, you sound unsure about your own feelings, megumi. I think it is wiser and better for you to think things through before you recklessly approach her... Megumi, just because you know how fragile and broken she is.. You aren't obligated to help her. If you involved yourself-". He shook his head, he hated himself because how easy his resolve was swayed by Gojo's words. Again he looked at him with full of determination, "I love her.. I know it's only one side right now but if it meant I could save her then I will-". "You can't.. The research that Shoko is doing is a research about y/n's power.. We are trying to find a solution so she doesn't have to be bound like that..but to no avail..". "Sensei.. Is there really no other way? To make me stronger faster?", he looked at Gojo with desperate looks on his face. Gojo was silent for a moment before he sighed, "You should head back.. You need rest for tomorrow's missions". Of course he tried to retaliate, yet he ended up getting sent back in the end. He grabs his phone as he starts browsing about the new feelings he is having for her. Pulling all nighter, he yawned as he could feel the exhaustion. He spent nights after nights researching romance and sometimes meeting up with her. Thanks to those sleepless nights, he almost lost his head today. Made him ended up getting scolded by both Nobara and Yuji. "What's with you really?! Why are you so out of it today?!"Nobara glared at him as she saw how Yuji helped Megumi to walk. "...I couldn't sleep last night", he mumbled as he could feel the blood streaming down from his forehead. Losing that much blood, he could feel he is feeling more dizzy and weaker, "Whoa?! Bro, hang in there!". Yuji looked at him worried as he just decided to piggyback him, "Nobara, did Nanamin still far?". "He said he is 10 minutes away.", she sighed as she saw Megumi losing his consciousness, "Really what's with him.. Getting beaten by low class spirits like that..". "I think he is sick.. He has been acting weird lately too..", Yuji glanced over his shoulder.

His eyes fluttered open. His vision was a bit blurry yet he could hear the faint familiar voice. Groaned a little, he could feel the throbbing inside of his head. "Megumi-kun.. How are you feeling?"hearing that familiar soft voice, he turned to look at her yet his vision was still a bit blurry. "My head...", he mumbled weekly as he then could feel her soft hand over his forehead. "Your fever is back.. Rest some more.. It will take time even though I already heal you..", her soft and gentle voice sure eases the pains in his head. As much as he wanted to fight back the sleepiness, his heavy eyes back closed.

-End of Megumi's POV-

You sighed when you saw how he seemed to try to force himself to keep his eyes opened yet just end up fallen asleep again. "I never knew you could use that technique, y/n.. Since when you could use Jutsushiki Hanten?", you glance at Gojo as you get up from the chair that was beside Megumi's bed. "Since Shoko senpai taught me and dragged me to some of her works...", you grab his hand as you lead him to the door, "Please leave.. You will bother my patient". "Uwaaah~ How mean~ He is my student tho. Isn't it good that I'm there for him? Beside why you didn't heal me that time if you know that technique? How unfair~", he whined as you kept pushing him out, not like he moved an inch from where he was standing anyway. "If he is that precious to you then please treat your student more preciously.. You could use that technique yourself.. Why would you need me to do it for you. Beside you aren't hurts that bad and Shoko senpai was there", you could feel him then grab both your hands that keep trying to push him out the room, "I do. But sometimes my students are just.. How should I say it.. You know how all young sorcerers are.. Getting hurt during missions is unavoidable.. But, y/n.. Isn't he supposed to be fine? It's just a normal fever.. Why would you be so concerned and nurse him yourself like that? Are you having feelings for him?", you flinched a little when you heard that as you pulled your hands away. "...He hurts quite badly.. I just want to make sure I heal him properly.. That's why I will monitor him for a while.. That's all", you avoid his gaze. For him, you clearly like an open book. Everything written all over your face. He knows that it's not just some mere monitor, you are worried and do care for Megumi. Knowing you care for his student in different way, it left a bitter taste in his mouth. "Y/n.. You promised me..", you bit your lips as you turned your back at him, "I know.. I won't get too attached.. I know my limits..". "As long as you remember..", you could hear the door behind you being closed. You sighed as you sat back beside Megumi's bed. You stare at him as you took hold his hand, "I'm sorry, megumi... I'm..so sorry...". You mumbled quietly as you gave his hand a gentle squeeze before letting it go. You know you have to kill your feelings towards him sooner or later as you didn't have the luxury for a normal relationship like any other people.