Chapter 16

While he is waiting for her with restless heart and worries, he hears a light knock on the door, "What is it...". The door opened as a man walked inside the room before whispering to his ear. His eyes widened when heard his words. Veins could be seen bulging on his neck and hands, seeming to be trying to suppress his anger, "Leave..". He glanced at the man that flinched when received his death glare as the man hurriedly left the room. Gritted his teeth, he stared at her "Megumi Fushiguro... So that's what made you want to stay there?". Letting go of her hand, he got up from the chair as he started beating up the wall nearby. Anger, hatred, jealousy, envy, sadness, everything are mixed up inside of him. He could feel how his tears threatened to fall as the tightened feelings inside of his chest felt become more unbearable by seconds. The thought of her being with the other guy while he isn't around, felt like almost driving him crazy. There is only one thought inside of his head at that moment. Killing Megumi is the only thing he wanted to do right now. "....Nao...ya...sama?", yet that one soft voice stopped him from leaving the room.

Clenching his fists, he hates how his heart wavered just by the voice of her. Turning his body around as he walked closer to her bed, he was trying to keep his face straight yet the sight of her waking up made his gaze softened. The longing feelings inside get the better of him. He could see her eyes looking around before back looking up at him. Resentment. That's the only thing he saw in her eyes when she looked up at him and to be honest, that sure broke his heart all over again. "...I know, y/n.. So, tell me... Is that true? Megumi Fushiguro?", he could see a shocked expression on her face as he scoffed at her, "No wonder you are so reluctant to leave that shit hole...". He sat back on the chair as he gave her one cold smile, "I hate being betrayed, y/n.... I think we both know where this is going..". "Anything...", she spoke weakly and quietly as she looked up at him. "..I'll do anything...Don't drag him into this...I'll do as you say...So, please...", hearing her desperate pleas, it just ticked him off more than before. Did she love him that much? What is it made her fallen for that guy? He has everything! Power, richness, looks, brain, everything that people are looking for, so why megumi? Why a nobody like megumi instead of himself? "Anything you said?", he saw how she nodded her head weakly, "You are willing to do anything to protect him? Why do you go that far just for him, y/n? What is it from him that I'm lacking?". "....Does it matter? I love him..that's all you need to know", he could hear his own heart again shattered. It felt like someone choked him and it just felt so hard to breathe after hearing that from her. "You said you will do anything for him... Then you will do as I say from now on.. If not.. I will make sure to cut his neck..", he got up from the chair as he looked at her with a cold look on his face, "Rest for now.. I will tell them we are moving forward with the wedding..".

Took his leave from that room as he headed to his own room. He clenched his chest as he could feel his tears streaming down his cheeks. He knew even though she is giving herself to him, she would never be able to get heart as it has been taken away from him. How he regrets it for not bringing her sooner to his side. Wiping his tears away, all he hopes now is not yet too late to change her heart. He knows it will be hard but giving her up just like that? It's really not like him at all. He will get her back, even if it meant having to scheme and clearly, he didn't intend to keep his promise to leave Megumi alone. Because he knows, if he doesn't get rid of him from the picture fully, she will keep going for that guy in the end and he doesn't want another betrayal. Once is more than enough for him

-End of Naoya's POV-

You know you would regret saying that, but his safety is what matters to you. Closing your eyes, you end up sobbing quietly. You know you shouldn't have gotten carried away with how things are with Megumi. The betrayal looks on Naoya sure made your heart ache. The guilt keeps eating you up, even though it's not much of an affair, still you are being unfaithful. Now because of your selfishness and recklessness, you are putting someone dear to you in danger. You know you should've walked away when the feelings grow inside of you or plucked it before it's rooting in your heart. "I'm sorry, megumi...", you sob as you know because of your own selfish decisions, you end up hurting not only yourself but two other people you do care about.

You know you shouldn't get up and still need to rest, yet you force yourself to get up from the bed. Grabbed the thin shawl you saw on the chair, it seems it belongs to Naoya. Wrapping it around your body, you are trying to get out of the room as quietly as you could. Using the wall as support to walk in that dark cold corridor, "Where do you think you are going, y/n?", you froze when you heard the familiar voice.