Chapter 19

-Megumi's POV-

He sighed as he cussed under his breath. He keeps checking his phone and scrolling it, unable to make up his mind if he should contact her or just waiting. The games both of them played sure drove his sanity to the edge. It irritated him how he knew she is into him yet he couldn't fully have her for himself. The longing feelings and the wall that she keeps put between them, he hates the fact how he only knows a few parts of her. He heard that she had been taken away by Naoya and clearly that news didn't make his anxiety better. "Dammit...", he grumbled as he just tossed his phone aside. Is she abandoning him too? Did she already make up her mind by choosing to go with other man? Both his head and his heart throbbing in pain. Being left in the dark like this with no certainty, he thought he felt used to it yet when it comes to her, it felt like he just wanted to end the world and the itch to find out everything sure bothered him. Of course he wants to go chase her to the Zenin clan residence, yet Gojo has stopped him. Reminding him his place. He might be a man that gets her heart but he is the third wheel. He is the third person between her and her fiance. The thoughts of how her fiance could maybe change her mind made his stomach feel churning. The anxious thoughts of her won't choose him in the end, keep him awake and make him feel like he is drowning. The sinful feelings he has for her, the longing feelings, Gojo was right, love is really the worst curse especially when someone is in his position. The devastation and the helpless feelings of being unable to do anything just because of his position and who he is, '..this is suffocating....'. While he feels drowning from all those thoughts, his eyes catch the fluttering glowing white light outside his window.

It didn't take him seconds to realize what it is. He got up from his bed and rushed open his window. Seeing that small white butterfly is enough to erase all those anxiety, "Megumi...I..need to see you..". Her soft voice, enough to make his heart flutter, made his cheeks faintly blushing, replacing his insecurities with happiness '..She could record her voice through this...This..sorta nice.. She could just call.. How ridiculous..'. Yet he still find her way of getting to him is romantic and adorable. Offering his hand, the small butterfly rested on his palm as he smiled fondly at it, "...I need you come to-". His eyes widened when he suddenly saw the tiny butterfly explode on his palm and somehow back into a drop of blood, "W-what the....". Seeing that, somehow he has unsettling and ominous feelings about this. "Gyoukuken Kon!", summoning his dog, he crouched down, "Find her....". Letting his dog sniff the blood, he saw how his dog seemed ready to show him the way. Seeing what just happened, he knew something is not right. Grabbed his jacket and putting his shoes on, he tried to be as sneaky and leave as quiet as he could.

"..And where do you think you are going this late at night, Megumi-chan?", he froze at his tracks when he heard that familiar voice. Turning his back, he could see Gojo and Nanami standing not far from him. "None of your business...", he put his hoodie on covering his head before starting to move, yet Gojo grabbed his arm stopping him. "If you are heading trying to find her-", haven't finished his words, his phone ringing as he picked up the call "Oh~ Shoko, what is-". His usual smile dropped as he could feel like his heart almost stopped when heard the news. [Someone attacked Mikazuki's clan! The clan has been massacred!]hearing faintly about it, Megumi's face looked at Gojo in shocked. The shocking news was enough to make his brain stop working. Feeling Gojo's hand letting go of him, he saw him vanish in the blink of an eye. Seeing how his teacher vanished just like that, he looked at Nanami in panic, knowing something bad has happened "M-mikazuki clan! Where is it?!". Seeing how Gojo vanished and how Megumi was in panic, he knew enough of what's going on "I will drive you there. Let's go..".

All the way to her place, he couldn't help feeling anxious. His hands trembled. Hearing her whole clan has been massacred, how he prays that she is with Naoya instead of there. Just the thought of her being hurt, it made him feel like about to vomit. The time they arrived, he saw how Gojo trying to get through the swarm of butterflies. The ominous and eerie atmosphere there enough to made his body froze for a few seconds. That cursed power sure overwhelming. "W-what is going on...", Megumi looked at the sight in shock when saw how many butterflies went on a rampage. Some of it eats the dead corpse and the cursed spirits, while some seems melting whatever it come contacts with. Saw Nanami and Megumi, he sighed "...It's her power.. Seems like the seal is broken... We need to-". Out of blue, the butterflies exploded just like before, turning into drops of blood. Those butterflies that flew high in the night sky that had exploded, somehow made that night like having a rain of blood for a brief moment. It didn't take them long to find her as the exploding butterflies seems lead to where she is.