Chapter 17

"Nii-san.. W-what are you doing here?", it shocked you when you saw your older brother. He rushed to your side to hold you. Feeling the familiar warmth, a tear escaped "I heard from Naoya.. I rushed here on behalf of our father.. What happened..". Cling to your brother, it just made him more anxious seeing how vulnerable you are as you are someone that tends to hide your vulnerable side rather than showing them. You could feel a calming stroke on your back, "Ssshhh.. It's alright.. I'm here to take you back home..". Sniffled, you nodded your head. Pulling away from your brother, you could see his small weak smile. Worries written all over his face, "Can you walk? Want me to piggy back you like how we used to be?". Your face turned red but you ended up nodding your head as it sure surprised him. Never he expected you would say yes to a piggy back. Chuckled, he turned himself as he crouched down "Come on..". Holding onto him, you still sniffle a little as you rest your head on his shoulder, "Nii-san.. Is chichiue angry?". Carrying you on his back, he nodded his head a little "He is.. He is really angry and worried because you got hurt.. Y/n.. Why do you want to marry into Zenin in the first place?". You bite your lip as you clutch your brother's clothes, "To make our family stronger...". You could hear him sighing, "That is my duty as the eldest son and chichiue duties.. That is a good excuse, but I wanna know the real reason..". You fall silent as you just hide your face on his shoulder, "You are a terrible liar like usual.. Chichiue seems to know why.. It's alright if you didn't want to tell me-". "Revenge.. Because I want revenge...", you mumbled as your brother stopped at his tracks before walking back carrying you to the car. "I see... I'm sorry, y/n.. This is because I'm lacking as the eldest son..", carefully he put you inside the car. You could see your brother's gentle and weak smile. His big warm hand strokes your cheek, "Try to catch some rest while we're on our way back home..". Closing the door, he sat beside you as you leaned your head to rest on his arm, "It's not Nii-san's fault... It's my faults and the elders fault". "Y/n... I understand your anger towards them.. but dwelling in the past.. it will destroy you and everyone around you. I too angry at them.. but dwelling on revenge.. Our mother would be sad if she knew about it", hearing that, your heart aches as you pout but then you feel a hand stroke your head. "I won't said nor asked you to forgive them.. but please don't do something that you will regret later in the future.. I do really wish you could stop looking back...", hearing your brother's words, somehow it brings comfort to your heart, yet you also could feel the bitter feelings. You know your brother is right, but your hatred, they've rooted in your heart for years. As much as you want to move on, deep inside you, you know you still seek revenge.

The time your eyes see the gate of your house, your heart that was once in turmoil starts to become calmer and when you see your father opening his arms, you melt into his hold, "Foolish daughter...". You sob as you hold onto him tight. That night both your father and your brother stayed with you until you could calm yourself. "I'm so sorry, chichiue.. I.. I messed up everything... Because of me now our clan ends up in more difficult situation...", you sniffled as your father patted your head that still rested on his chest. You curled you in his lap while he held you close. The last time you did this was when you lost your mother at such a young age. "Don't think too much of it.. The clan will be alright.. What is important now is what you want, y/n.. Do you still want to marry him? Or you want to pursue that young man?", you looked up at him in shock, "H-how? W-who told you?". He just gave you a small smile, "That is not the point... What would you like to do now? Do you want to go back to Jujutsu High? I know your heart is still in turmoil right now.. But you need to give us the answer at least tomorrow morning, because Naoya has made his moves..". Your brother nodded his head, "The reason why he called me to pick you up, it's because he will push it to the head of Zenin. He said he couldn't risk getting you caught up into the mess that will happen... but I heard.. The head of Zenin will point someone else as a heir.. So, y/n.. If you really want to cut ties with him.. This is the moment..".

Laying down on your bed, you sighed as you stared at the ceiling. Choosing between your goals and your love life. Closing your eyes, Megumi's face flashed in your mind made your cheeks blush lightly but then the thought of your revenge made your lips curled down into a frown. Remembering how your mother has suffered because of the decisions that were made by your grandparents because of the idea given by the Zenin, made your heart ache. You bit your lips. You hate the Zenin clan. You resent them. Because of their manipulation to your grandparents, you've went thru those harsh training and almost even killed your own parents. Bringing that clan to ruins has been your purpose and obsession for your whole life. You grew up and getting stronger just for one purposes. Because they decided to take you away from your mother, because you are far away from her, you are unable to protect her on that horrible incident. Your mother was one of a Star Plasma Vessels. Due to her roles, many seek her death and the one who took her away was someone from Zenin. Everyone keeps hiding about this fact, the fact of someone from Zenin is the one who killed her. You didn't understand why your mother had to go to such lengths just to protect Tengen. You do remember your mother once mentioned about some box. Yet you just feign ignorance about her words. Toji Zenin. The name of the man that took away your beloved mother. How did you know? You got the information from your mother's family side. Because of what happened to your mother, the tension between those two clans became worse and your father's clan ended up getting involved and also received the blame for being unable to protect your mother. Remembering all of it, your tears streaming down. That day when you saw your mother's cold body lay inside the coffin, you swear that you will avenge her death. Guilt building up inside up you. Half of yourself want to let go about the past, yet half of you still seek for revenge.