Chapter 20

"Stop being so stubborn!", she glared at him as she pushed him away before back coughing some blood. They could see how the blood had tainted the blanket. Clicked his tongue, he pinned her down, "CALM DOWN, Y/N! They are all dead! That's the fact!!!". "LIAR!!!! THERE IS NO WAY MIKAZUKI'S CLAN COULD BE-", "YOU ARE THE ONLY SURVIVOR!!!! Your power killed the rest of them!!!". Her eyes widened when heard his words. Her body has stopped struggling under him. "...liar...", she mumbled as he could see how her tears started streaming down her cheeks. After a few hours passed and she was able to eat a little, as he promised her before, he told her what had happened. Hearing that, she of course accused him that he lied. Denial is the one thing he understands when he sees how she reacts. Hearing people she holds dear wiped in one night sure is not an easy thing to take. Seeing tears streaming down her cheeks, he wrapped his arms around her "You are the only survivor, y/n... That's the fact and the truth whether you like it or not...". He could feel how her hands clutch to his back before she starts to wail. As surprised as he is, he is glad he took her away from those two before she woke up. He knows taking advantage of her situations is really cunning but he won't let anyone else snatch these chances god has given him. Took her a while to calm down. Even after done crying, she still buried her face in his chest. 'This ain't so bad...', he watched how she sniffled from time to time while he stroked her back in a calming way. Letting her now lay on top of him like that, he knew he had to control himself "Are you calming down now? What a troublesome woman you are..". He could feel her nodding her head slightly before she peek at him, "..That night....are you the one who found me?".  He tried his best to hide how surprised he is, 'I see.. She didn't remember at all... What a luck~'. "Yes, I'm.. You were a mess.. Your seal broke and your power went rampage", ah how he is trying his best not to smirk and keeping a straight serious face, "Do you really think I would do nothing when noticing my woman in trouble?".

-End of Naoya's POV-

"Do you really think I would do nothing when noticing my woman in trouble?", you could see how serious and calm his face was when saying all those. Hearing that, you couldn't help but felt like your heart fluttered, '...is he saying he cares? '. Your eyes then back looked up at him, you can't help but feel your cheeks getting warm and turned slightly red yet you are still trying your best to keep a straight face, "...Stop calling me that... I'm not your woman....". "Yet...Not yet but soon..", you could see his usual cheeky smile. Hearing that, you back hide your face to his chest, hiding your embarrassment, "I think you lied...". "And why would I? I'm not that shallow...", you could feel his hand back stroking your back. Pondering a bit, you know how prideful he is and how indeed it's impossible for someone like him stoop that low just to gain your favour. The way he held you in his arms and his harsh words yet in gentle tones, somehow managed to bring a bit of peace to your heart that was still in turmoil and grief. "M-my father and my brother...", your voices and lips are trembled. Wrapping his arms around you, "I held the proper burial for them all.. Don't worry.. Let's visit them once you are getting better". Hearing that, you bit your lip as you tried your best not to spill anymore tears. Yet the facts that your family died still torn your heart. Tears back streaming down your face. His big warm hand scope your face, letting his thumbs wipe away those tears in an awkward way. Could be seen how hard he is trying to be gentle to you. Something that you know he never ever knows how to do, yet that awkward gesture is enough to back calm you down "Rest for now, y/n...". Letting go of you, you fast grab his arm and cling to him. His eyes widened when saw how you desperately cling to him. "..Can you...", you could feel your face getting hotter and your heart start to pounding, "..C-can you stay until...I'm..asleep...?". His eyes widened when heard those words coming out from your mouth. You could then feel his warm hand stroke your head, "Just for tonight... Move..". You looked up at him a bit surprised. Never you thought he would agreed to that, shifting your body to make some room for him to back lay down with you, he raised his brow "What are you doing? Lay down. Stop staring at me like an idiot, isn't this what you want?". Snapped back to reality, feeling a bit flustered, you hurriedly lay your head on his chest. "Oh? What is this? You making me your pillow? You sure have a lot of nerve", your eyes widened as your face turned red, "S-sorry I was-". Before you were able to move away, you could feel his arms already wrapped around you as he chuckled lightly "I never said you should move. Now shut up and sleep, y/n". You thought you won't be able to get a wink of sleep but somehow you end up falling into really one deep sleep. Never you thought you would feel safe in his arms. Just as you expected, you didn't found him around when the morning came, yet you could still faintly smell his cologne that stick in your bed and your body, making your pale cheeks turned into a rosy colour. "...what a jerk..he didn't even wake me up..", you mumbled as you pulled the pillow he was using before back closing your eyes. Five more minutes won't cause any harm, right? After all, you are still in bad shape.