Darkness Rising: Pt.3

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

Ratchet was busy running tests on the mysterious purple substance discovered on Arcee's hand when he heard a metal object crash to the ground, sending vibrations throughout the Autobot base. The medic swiftly turned around and eyed the room with growing suspicion.

Ratchet: "Optimus?....Galvatron?"

The ancient Cybertronian was met with silence as he slowly shifted his form to continue his experiments, only to hear the same noise echo throughout the room. He whipped his head around mere moments before a metallic claw rushed towards his face. Ratchet cursed to himself before shifting to the side, just barely managing to avoid the oncoming attack.

Grabbing a nearby pipe, Ratchet desperately swung at the small monstrosity and managed to knock it backwards. Suddenly, the mutated medical tool leaped onto Ratchet's desk and wandered across his experiments, promptly slicing one of his tools in half.

Ratchet: "I needed that!"

The creature jumped towards Ratchet for a second time, the medic lifting his arm in a desperate attempt to protect himself against the incoming attack. Before it reached him, however, a mysterious laser blasted it off course and sent it flying towards the ground. The corrupted tool attempted to stand up, only for a large chunk of purple energon to smash against it.

Ratchet was left speechless as the hulking form of Galvatron stood triumphantly above the destroyed entity, a strange amethyst substance protruding from his hand in the form of a hammer. Even Optimus -who walked in with the Cybertronian- was staring at the spectacle in awe.

Ratchet: "Kid...w-what was THAT!"

Optimus: "I believe the answer lies within our recent attacker, Ratchet; Dark Energon."

(~Small Time Skip~)

Ratchet, Optimus and Galvatron were discussing how Megatron could've discovered such a powerful force like Dark Energon -as well as Galvatron's ability to manipulate it- when the rest of Team Prime returned to the base with their Human companions. Raf, Jack and Miko each stepped out from their guardians' alt modes before they transformed.

Miko: "Heheh! Sweet!"

A rumbling noise protruded from Bulkhead's chest, followed by the large mech transforming the front of his body and removing a guitar case. Miko stared sheepishly at her partner before reaching up for her instrument, offering a swift apology to Bulkhead.

Miko: "Sorry, must have left it in the back seat."

Optimus: "Autobots, prepare to...."

Arcee: "Roll out?"

Optimus: "Remain here."

The towering Prime shifted his optics towards Ratchet, who immediately perked up under the mech's gaze. Understanding what Optimus was trying to say, Ratchet stood beside him and made preparations for them to leave. Optimus eventually shifted his gaze towards Arcee and gave his orders to her, though she didn't take it so well.

Optimus: "Ratchet will be coming with me. Until then, Galvatron will be in charge of e-"

Galvatron: "I'm coming with you, Optimus."

Upon hearing the hoarse vocals of Galvatron echo through their audio receptors, everyone in the base turned towards the ex-gladiator with questioning expression edged into their faces. The rusted mech wandered towards the Autobot Leader with a neutral expression, which Optimus understood meant he wasn't going to back down.