Masters and Students

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

Optimus stood in the main computer room of the Autobot base. His optics were distant, as if he were lost in deep contemplation, earning a concerned glance from Ratchet as he contemplated speaking with the tall Mech. After a moment of silence, the Medic sighed to himself before walking over to Optimus.

Ratchet: "Why so glum, Optimus? This planet - all planets, are finally free from Megatron's tyranny. I understand why the kid would be upset about this, but...."

Optimus: "I do not disagree, Ratchet. It is just... a small part of me had hoped to change Megatron's mind, not extinguish his spark. I am sure Galvatron felt the same."

Ratchet: "Optimus, his vileness was not slain by your hand, but by his own twisted arrogance!"

The Autobot leader cringed at his friend's words, and his blue optics looked away to prevent any offense. Realising that he wasn't helping the situation, Ratchet decided to calm himself down and cleared his throat - or rather, the Cybertronian equivalent. He stood next to Optimus.

Ratchet: "I'm sorry. I know you two had quite a history."

Optimus: "*Sigh* ... The Megatron I fought alongside perished eons ago, the day he chose to be a Decepticon. The Decepticons may be in disarray, but they are not without leadership."

Ratchet understood what -or rather, who- his leader was talking about; Starscream. The idea of such a spineless coward leading the battle-hardened Decepticons through war earned a quiet scoff from Ratchet, his optics rolling dramatically at the mere concept. However, this only encouraged Optimus to object:

Optimus: "While Starscream is no Megatron, he is still far from predictable."

Before their conversation could proceed, an explosion was heard throughout the base. The ground shook violently and knocked the two Mechs off balance. Luckily, they were experienced enough to prevent themselves from toppling over and hitting the floor of the silo. Ratchet groaned before jumping in shock.

Ratchet: "Decepticons! We're under attack!"

Optimus and Ratchet immediately rushed to the source of the disturbance with haste, only to find a thick smoke filling the air and preventing them from seeing the results of the supposed 'attack'. There was a moment of silence as the grey smog began to clear, slowly revealing the source; 

It was a small volcano model.

Raf: "It's not an attack, Ratchet, it's my volcano"

Bumblebee: "*Whirring noises*"

Raf: "Well... was."

Ratchet looked around the room. On a nearby platform, Miko was leaning up to paint a hanging model of planets. Bulkhead was stood directly in front of her, using his big, metal servo to hold the model up and keep it in place.

Miko: "Hold still, Bulkhead. Jupiter needs its red spot."

She leaned forwards to paint one of the models when a droplet slid off the brush and splattered on the ground, releasing a loud slushing sound that caused Ratchet to visibly cringe. Miko released a "whoops!" before she continued trying to paint the orange ball, angering the Autobot Medic who watched the scene with clear rage.

Optimus watched the scene with a well-hidden smile; The Mech was both surprised and happy to see the members of his team embracing the human children. Perhaps they could discover something unique and interesting in the history of human kind. Ratchet didn't feel the same.