Face Your Past, Captain

The small speech mockingly echoed throughout the laboratory, passing through the many corridors and rooms as it eventually fell upon the ears of the other Rhodes Island squad on standby right outside the laboratory's backdoor. The sudden eye-piercing shoutings caught their attention, especially Ghost's as he heard the mention of 'The Angel of Destruction' rang on his eardrums, 

his own title that he oh so despised.

Blood started to rush throughout him, as if his heart wasn't doing enough to accommodate his crazy movements. The sudden rush moved him instinctively, prompting him to hastily charge forward ahead of the others, heading straight to the source of the voice as if something innate was awakened deep inside him. Dobermann tried ordering him to halt, but her shouts fell on deaf ears as he completely ignored his own field commander's voice, maintaining his mad pace dashing forward, like a mad dog. 

He felt an absurd sense of familiarity with the voice, as well as with the whole laboratory itself. It was as if he instinctively knew where to head through the complex facility, like the whole layout was engrained inside his skull.

It felt like he'd been here long, long ago.

It invoked a unpleasant feeling inside him the more he dashed through the many hallways of the lab. He hated it, everything about this place. The overly white panels that always repeated its pattern made him feel sick. Only mere seconds had passed, but the door to the room where dokutah's squad was located in had now come within his view. He quickly equipped himself with his trusted pistol and kicked the door down, startling everyone present in the room.

He then wasted no time taking aim at a seemingly random part of the large flat wall in front of him and started to rapidly blast away. With every gunshot that landed, the white wall panels started to slowly peel off one by one, revealing underneath the layer of fallen paneling a clear observer's window, and a person who stood behind it. 

Ghost looked at the person behind the window. His eyes squinted, his brows furrowed. He instinctively moved into a combat ready stance. His series of expressions was clear evidence that he recognized the figure, and with a spiteful glare in his eyes he uttered,

"...General."

Ghost took a deep breath. Slowly, he took small and heavy steps forward, walking straight past dokutah's squad and finally stood right in front of Exusiai. He remained silent all the way, but his eyes were dead fixed on the figure stood behind the glass. The person he referred to as 'General'.

A general would not be a title that comes to mind first when laying your eyes upon the man. He was outfitted in a not so clean lab coat, stained and full of stitches here and there. He seemed old, with a rather long beard and a slightly wrinkly complexion to back it up. He then started to speak.

"It's...you?"

"...In the flesh. Codename Ghost. You wouldn't forget, out of everyone."

"....Tch.......I never knew letting you leave that day would come back to bite me in the ass today." 

"What?"

"Nevermind. So, why are you here? I thought you left behind fighting?"

"...I'm with them."

"Haha! What a story this is becoming? Two men from initially from the same place defect, each ending up against the other in a big twist of events, eh?"

"The only twist is you. Why are you here? You had the backing of-"

"You had the chance to go silent, keep a low profile. You could've started a new life, unbound by anything else. Yet, you still chose to go back to pain and suffering. I did you a really big favor, to be honest-"