There had to be a reason.

Back on the landship, Sussuro, who had just returned from Lungmen after her quick and brief visit-slash-check up on Ghost, solemnly makes her way over to Kal'tsit's office. After a few firm knocks on the door to her office, the woman herself answered from within,

"Enter." 

Sussuro then slowly opened the door and made her way inside. A few steps in, and she noticed that Warfarin was also currently present in Kal'tsit's office at the moment. The two only exchanged a subtle greeting glance at each other, as Sussuro was only there to give a report on Ghost.

"Welcome back. So, how is he?" Kal'tsit quite immediately cut to the chase and asked her straight, seemingly already expectant that she was there to give the report,

"...He's...well....." Sussuro had an awkward pause, as her head tried to find the exact words to describe how his conditions were, but in the end she merely said,

"...I think you should take a look at it yourself." She then handed over the clipboard she held in her hands. The clipboard held the many papers containing the results of the examinations done to him by the doctors at Lungmen from when he first got admitted there, and she decided it'd be best if she'd looked at the results with her own eyes to evaluate for herself just 'how' he was.

Kal'tsit gratuitously took the clipboard from her hands, quickly flipping and reading through the pages on it, occasionally having slight pauses in between as she took a deeper look at some other details, with Warfarin keenly looking at her from the couch she sat across from her. WIth Kal'tist's stoic expression remaining ever so unchanging, she then asked again,

"I see. Did you do the routine treatment on him, as usual?"

"Not exactly. I didn't fully close his wounds, but I did just enough to barely reconnect his inner tissues."

"Why did you do it like that?"

"He initially asked me not to heal him at all, but I couldn't just leave him in the condition he was in, so I did just enough for him to properly manage by himself and gave him painkillers to suppress any pain he'd be feeling later on."

"...I see, anything else you'd like to add?"

Sussuro paused for a second, as she remembered back to her time with him, specifically flashing back to the moment where he'd mentioned to her that he'd lost his senses as he tried holding her hand. 

"....He mentioned that he couldn't feel anything anymore."

"I see. Thank you for your hard work, you can go now" 

Surprisingly to Sussuro, who'd expected at least a comment or some type of surprised expression from her, well, anything really, Kal'tsit's expression remained constant, merely bouncing her gaze back to the result papers on the clipboard Sussuro gave her right after answering her. With nothing else to say, Sussuro left the two as she exited the office and went back to her own duties.

"She expected you to say something." Warfarin, who'd just been an idle spectator in the background for the past few minutes, finally uttered something to Kal'tsit after seeing Sussuro had completely left, leaving them to themselves. However she was only replied by mere silence from Kal'tsit, as she sat on her office chair, this time looking more closely and really taking her time analyzing the papers on the clipboard Sussuro gave her, 

"Y'know, I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but why do you take care of him so much? Even ordering almost all the medics, including myself, to regularly give him check ups everyday. I know he's an infected on paper, but it's not like he shows symptoms like all the other infected operators that we have. He doesn't even have any originium shards growing out his skin, too, so it's not that serious. Not to mention he's steadily guzzling the blood reserves we have quite a lot, especially after missions. I need them too, y'know?" She muttered that last bit out of slight frustation, really.