Precious

The room fell into silence, as the sound of the sobbing pair in the footage fills the atmosphere of the room,

The footage then cuts into static, marking the end of the footage from all the tapes they'd brought back from the laboratory, all the while leaving everyone in the room with the question,

Who were they? 

They seemed to know about the project, but the way they mentioned it, it seemed like it was  some sort of mistake to them. And not to mention the end of the footage was just the man talking about the sword that Ghost currently wielded.

Small chatter started to be heard amongst the operators in the room as they discussed about the contents of the last shown footage, trying to connect and theorize any points they could, when..

Tang.

A metallic sound startles the atmosphere of the room, drawing everyone's attention to look at the where the sound came from. At the source, a black sword is seen on the ground at the other end of the room. It was Ghost's black sword, as well as the same sword seen in the footage.

As the operators then glanced at Ghost who threw the said sword. He then took a heavy breath, held it for some seconds, before exhaling. One wish. He had only one wish circling in his head. 

The wish that everything they said was true.

That this blade which had slain uncountable men was not a mere killing tool, but something true to their words.

A tool to protect.

.....

The black sword then began to crack with light before its blade broke into a white glowing saber, similar to as if he'd infuse his arts with the blade he always held,

And as if it were possessed, the blade started to rise up from the ground, seemingly levitating for a moment in the air, before it went zooming back to Ghost's side, leaving a trail of light as it passed by all the other operators. 

The two man and sword now stood, rather one was floating, side by side, and were emanating an aura of light. And if observed closely, you could even see a faint string of light running from the sword's handle towards his arm, a result of Ghost's arts that connected the both of them, true to the man's words. 

The sword answered his wish.

".....That must mean..." The dokutah mutters as witnessing the events that happened in front of him got his mind thinking,

"Those....were your parents...?" Those words slipped out of Exusiai's mouth. 

Ghost then had a silent moment to himself, before he suddenly sat down on the floor with his legs crossed, holding the levitating white sword in his hands. He then fixed his gaze at it, observing the sword very closely, every inch of it, every edge of it. 

He then started to say in a slow voice,

"I.....honestly thought....my parents threw me away when I was small and the army picked me up just as another subject....cause there were never any records of me within the archives of the army.....and that'd be the simplest explanation for me"

The other operators remained silent as they listened closely to the man sat on the floor,

"Not even my own birthday nor my real name......I guess that's why they codenamed me 'Ghost'......existing, but nobody really knows who you are and why you're there, heh...."

"....But you still tried your best to live." Exusiai suddenly cuts in and says to him, seemingly with a tone sounding very glad.

"...Yeah, and thanks to that, I got to meet everyone here in Rhodes Island....got to meet you....." Ghost says while he turned his head to look at everyone in the room, before finally looking at Exusiai. He then went silent for a second, as his head turned to now face the blade in his grasp, before continuing,