IV

H

[Ring] [Ring]

The chime of the phone's ringtone startled me as the waitress handed me the phone.

"Ms, I think you should pick up the call," She smiled at me and walked away.

"M-Me? But I'm not the owner of th-" I looked at her figure as she faded away, leaving me at the counter, wondering whether to answer the call.

"H...Hello?"

Silence.

"...Hey,... are you there?" I speaked in a low tone while getting worried as the speaker remained quiet.

"...Ticket girl...you-" His calm voice echoed through my ears making me feel comfortable yet giving me butterflies.

I could feel a large rock dropping from the depth of my throat down towards my stomach...

It felt empty...

Yet my heart was beating rapidly...

But why....?

Your voice- it sounded really familiar...

From where have I heard this voice...?

Who are you...

Mr Sim...?

"...H-huh...? Ticket?"

"Ohh... sorry about that. I was spacing out haha,... I've got a meeting right now though, I'm afraid I will not be able to take my phone back today. Would you mind keeping the phone for me...?"

A meeting...? Really? At this time...?

"Ohh, okay that's no problem~" I spoke to him nicely through the phone even though he had disappointed me.

"Sorry for burdening you,..." He sounded very insincere...

"Ahh, that's totally fine. I understand your situation," I lied to him and hung up the call.

Park Haein, why are you so stupid?

You got fooled again. He is never going to come and get his phone back.

I was so worried that you might be waiting for me for a long time as I was late, Mr Sim...

But I was wrong...

Yet again...

I held back my tears as the memories of getting betrayed by everyone I knew all those years refreshed my mind.

I should not trust anyone from now on.

J

I could feel the sourness in my heart as guilt and betrayal poured over my mind, making me feel bad for treating her this way.

...Maybe I shouldn't lie to her