XI

N

[Ding] [Ding]

A notification appeared on Jake hyung's phone as it grabbed my attention immediately. I stared at the phone and hesitated while holding my excitement.

Should I look into his phone?

But what if he catches me doing it?

Aargh,...

I just wanted to see who sent a message to him during this hour of the day!!

Peeking through the door, I let out a sigh in relief to see no sign of Jake returning to the room. I slowly moved my hands towards his phone and picked it up while pressing into the notification.

Huh...?

A new message from the contact 'Ticket'?

But this contact,...

It used to be named as 'Old phone'

Haha,

Something is sus between Jake hyung and his ticket girl

With no doubt, I looked into Haein's messages and was surprised to see how informal the way she was texting Jake.

Seriously?!

She's literally texting informally?

Really, how close is she even with Jake hyung?

Do they text like this every night?

A tiny smirk appeared on my face as I read her text and thought of a good response for her.

"Jason,

Have you heard of ENHYPEN's upcoming fan sign event?

I heard that it will be hosting on this Friday,

Do you think you will be able to come?"

Huh...?

She's an ENGENE too?

"Why?

Are you going?" I smiled at my message and pressed the 'send' button.

"Ohh, my friend gave me the ticket.

I'm thinking of going but I'm not quite sure since it's my first time.

Maybe I will go if you're coming too."

Hahaha Jake hyung,

Are you serious that she still doesn't know who you really are?

After these two weeks?!

I chuckled at her response and replied to her while trying my best to imitate Jake's texting form.

Tcsk,...

She really is kinda cute,

A little bit slow yet endearing,...

"Ohh, I'm quite busy on Friday tho,...

Why don't you go with your friend?

It's going to be really fun,

Since Jake's there."

Realising the fact that Jake hyung once told us that her bias is also Jake made me giggle at her responses. As a third person, seeing these two hiding their identities from each other while trying to contact in usual form makes their relationship weird yet interesting.

I glanced at the door to see dark shadows of footsteps moving closer and closer towards the room as it stopped by the door.

Ahh, he's back

I threw Jake's phone back into its original position and pretended to sleep on the couch.

"Ni-ki, it's your turn," Jake hyung patted my shoulder as I smirked at him and headed to the door.

"Did someone message me earlier?" He asked me.

"Ohh, I don't think so haha," I lied to him and gave him a smile while he nodded his head.

What a good liar you are,

Nishimura Riki.

H

It was nearly afternoon as I watched the leaves falling down towards the ground, leaving the twigs from the old branches.

Honestly, it was a little surprising to see him responding to my messages early in the morning. It was like a routine to me, he usually replies at midnight, more precisely, 12.01am.

But today,...

Maybe he's free...?

Sometimes it really wonders me,

Does he still study?

How old is he?

What does he look like?

He only replies me at midnight,

But why...?

Is he really busy?

Is he... still a trainee?

Knowing that the answers to these questions in my head will take some time to be revealed, I avoided asking him directly and proceeded to my brother's workshop.

-

"Oppa!!" I ran towards him and gave him the gift I prepared earlier this morning.

"Ahh, you've finally come! Thought you aren't coming anymore haha," He thanked me and patted my head.

"Minhyuk!!" I turned my head to see Jieun approaching us with a large packet.

"Congratulations for the grand opening of your workshop!!"

Oppa is blushing again...

I covered my mouth to avoid myself from giggling in front of them and walked away towards the washroom to avoid the crowds who were approaching my brother to congratulate him.

Only dark shadows and mist filled the route towards the washrooms, my eyes were barely visible as I spotted a familiar voice that echoed through the hallways.

My body shivered as the weird feeling in my body began to rise again, it was a sour feeling, as though the butterflies were dancing in my stomach.

Jason...?

Is he here too...?

Realising that the voice belonged to someone whom I knew, I walked closer towards the voice and stopped instantaneously as soon as I noticed his face from far.

J-Jake...?!

-

Thank you for reading 'Ticket' Chapter XI!! 😆

A vote and some comments will definitely make my day~ 🤩

Chapter update: every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9.30pm KST

Please do get some golden rest today!! 💫