XXIX

JE

"Jung Jieun," His voice crept behind me as I froze and hung up the call immediately.

"Jake Sim...?" I looked at his figure as he avoided my gaze and snatched my phone.

"Who...? Who were you calling?" He asked impatiently and pointed towards the screen.

"Why...?

Why did I...

Why did I hear her voice,..." He trembled and squatted at the corner while wiping his tears.

"Jake,... you're hearing things,..." I patted his shoulder as he shook his head forcefully.

"I'm not,... I'm not hearing things..." He melted while refusing to believe the truth.

"She's not here anymore, Jake. It's already been three months, when are you going t-"

"Please,... Jieun... please..." He looked at me with his teary eyes as my heart began to soften gradually.

"Tell me the truth,... will you...?" I looked at him and nodded slowly while preventing myself from sobbing.

Haein-ah,...

I'm sorry...

I'm really sorry,...

That I couldn't hold back any longer...

He needs you,

Haein-ah.

Return to his embrace,

Okay...?

I'm sorry...

I'm sorry for not keeping this secret for you...

"She has,...

Gone to heal her heart..."

Three Years Later

J

"Former ENHYPEN member, Jake Sim, has turned down his contract with the company BE:L-" I turned off the television from my bedroom and let the silence swim through the room without a hint of sound.

Wake, Eat, Write and Sleep.

It was a new routine for me.

Something that I've wished to only happen when it was time to let go of everything.

Watching the rainfall beside the window, the tiny animals heading back towards their homes to avoid drenching.

It felt extremely empty.

To the urge where I've wished for a hug,

A hug from someone whom I've deeply loved.

Her scent was noticeable through the mist, it was rather a feeling of warmness and love.

Who was it...?

That one person who stole my heart at first sight.

I couldn't remember her.

[Ring] [Ring]

It was the sound of a ringtone from my phone as I looked at the incoming call from the contact 'Jay Park' and hesitated to pick up the call.

"Hey,..." He spoke up and stopped seemingly without a specific topic again.

"Hey, Jake Sim," He called in a serious tone as I hummed in response.