XII

H

His voice was similar to Jason's.

It gave me butterflies too...

But... Why is Jake here?

Does he know Minhyuk Oppa too?

Don't tell me-

Could he be...

I stared at his face and slowly walked towards him without making a sound. It was just the both of us in this narrow hallway. Dark yet soundless, my heartbeat pumped loudly as it echoed in my ears.

"J-Jak-" I stopped promptly as a figure stood in front of me, stopping me to continue my words.

"Have you seen your brother?" Taehyun asked me in a cold tone.

"Ahh, you came too?"

"Yes,"

"Ohh, he's near the showrooms, you must've missed him due to the crowd haha," I smiled nervously as he thanked me and walked away.

I looked at the floor and held my tears. I could feel the bitterness down in the depth of my veins, I hated this feeling.

You wanted him to treat you coldly,

And now that it happened,...

Why are you not satisfied?

Why is it so difficult to forget him...

I covered my eyes with my palm and rubbed it gently. It was not the first time to endure this pain alone.

"Tell me if something's troubling you,

Coz,...

I just knew you aren't feeling good,"

Jason Sim...

Should I trust him on this?

Should I tell him my feelings?

Will he listen to me?

I stood up and walked out of the washrooms to search for him.

Where are you,...?

I walked all the way from the entrance of the workshop till the end of the room but he was still nowhere to be seen.

Did he leave already...?

But I saw him...

Just a few minutes ago...

Or was it,

Just my imagination...?

I knocked my head and sat on the benches beside the showrooms. Sorrow, regret and disappointment crept around me as I patted my heart to rest.

It was hurting once again,

But physically this time.

My eyelids were heavy as it closed gently while my body began to lose focus.

It felt good to rest after a long while.

M

The opening ceremony of my workshop took around five hours. Seeing the people who came to congratulate me made me feel relieved in pleasure. I was glad that my work was appreciated, especially seeing my sister who came to me with a smile too.

I bidded goodbye to Jieun, who was the final person to leave the place while walking out of the showrooms towards the benches. One look at the person on the bench made my mind burst in worry.

"Haein!!" I ran towards her and grabbed her closer.

My mind felt blank as I touched her hands. The cold in her body was bone-chilling, there was no hint of warmth in her.

"Haein-ah,...

Please wake up and tell me this is a joke,..." I stroked her hair and hugged her tightly to heat her up.

"Park Haein,..." I wiped my tears off and shook my head.

No.

This is not a time to cry,

Park Minhyuk.

Get yourself together and wake her up.

Wake her up!!

I brought her outside the shop and grabbed my phone while calling the ambulance.

"Oppa..." She called weakly and opened her eyes.

"Park Haein...

Did you... faint?" I looked at her in disbelief as she nodded her head as a response.

"A-again...?" She nodded her head again and closed her eyes.

"Don't call the ambulance, I'm fine now," She said while shivering in the cold.

"Carry me home,...

Will you...?" I looked into her eyes and carried her on my back.

-

Growing up with my sister wasn't entirely fun and easy.

It happened almost every week before we figured out the reason.

My sister had a weak body, both mentally and physically.

It all started from her first day at primary school.

That was the day when I first heard about a young girl passing out in the school cafeteria.

As I approached the girl, despair called out to me as I saw her body laying on the chilly ground.

Realising that it was my sister, I immediately carried her on my back and brought her home.

Then the exact same thing happened again and again.

It was as though there was no cure for such sickness.

Or maybe there is...

But we could never afford it.

In the end,

It was always me,

The one who carries her on my back and brings her home.

It was my duty to look after her,

To take care of her,

To provide her love,

And protect her.

It was until then I realised that I could never leave her eternally.

I need to hurry and find someone who will carry you on their back like how I did before I go,...

Haein-ah.

-

Thank you for reading 'Ticket' Chapter XII!! 😆

A vote and some comments will definitely make my day~ 🤩

Chapter update: every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9.30pm KST

Have a fabulous weekend ahead~!!