2

We were taken into the outpost by a short woman, Ms Mead. Once in, we were sprayed down although we could never be infected, and led through the outpost to meet the leader. Since arriving, Michael hadn't said a word to me, he gave me the occasional glance, but that was all. I think he was still a little shocked by my magic.

Ms Mead knocked twice on a large door and then opened it, to reveal a large office.

"Ms Venable will be here in five minutes," she informed Michael, and then left us alone together in the room.

"You seem tense," I frowned slightly at him.

"I just want to go home already," he sighed, making me laugh a little.

"A week. That's all we have to stay for," I smiled softly, earning a small one back.

"I'm hungry," he frowned.

"We have to have a cube with everyone but once we're alone after, I'll get you some proper food OK?"

"OK,"

Just then, the door opened, to reveal a tall woman, with red hair pulled up and a long black dress hugging her figure. She was utterly gorgeous. I didn't think I was even capable of thinking people were good looking, but apparently I was.

"I'm Wilhelmina Venable. Welcome to outpost three,"

"Good evening Ms Venable, I'm Michael Langdon, leader of the cooperative and this is my assistant y/n. We're here to decide who we would like to save from the wave of cannibals that will be invading this outpost in the near future," he said, as if it were the most normal thing ever. I had to suppress a laugh.

"I'm sorry?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Please, let me explain," I smiled to Michael, who nodded slightly and I turned to attention to Ms Venable, "the risk of invasion was miscalculated, during the time of installing security around your outpost. It appears that no one is safe from the monsters outside. The cooperative have a place that no one can enter or leave, called the sanctuary, where we are slowly rebuilding humanity. We're here to decide who gets to go to the sanctuary, and who stays here to die,"

"Well, why weren't all outposts fitted with the level of security that the sanctuary has?"

"That's classified," Michael answered.

"We'll be interviewing every member of this outpost to see if they can be deemed necessary for the remodel of humanity," I smiled.

"When you say everyone..."

"The cooperative selection and the paying members," Michael said.

"And do I have to be interviewed?"

"Everyone." I reminded her, making her look angry.

"I'm the leader here,"

"And we're your superiors, and if you had any sense, you'd do as we say," I snarled, making her draw back a little.

"Follow me and you can be introduced to everyone,"

With that, she left the room, with the two of us behind her, Michael winked at me and I smirked back knowingly.