12

Wilhelmina's POV

As I entered Mr Langdon's office, he pushed me and I fell, but I didn't hit the ground. Instead, I ended up laying on the floor in front of a huge black house.

At first, I was confused. And then the door opened. Fucking shit.

"Hello Wilhelmina," it smiled brightly.

Its wings were the size of a bus and its horns resembled that of a goat, or similar animal, yet it spoke with a faint uncertainty and familiarity, which told me this thing wasn't a thing at all but instead, it was y/n.

"Where am I?" I whispered, standing up slowly. I had no idea where my cane was but weirdly, I found I could stand without difficulty.

"You're in hell," she smiled and walked down to meet me.

"Send me back."

"No. I want to show you my happy place," she whispered.

"Please send me back. I don't want to die," I sobbed, completely terrified.

"Sweetheart, you can't die in hell," she laughed. Despite the terror she was giving me, she was also stunning like this.

"But there were dead people when I saw it in your room!" I challenged.

"They're just there to scare people as they come down here. It keeps out unwanted trouble. None of them are real!" She laughed again.

"I want to go back to the outpost,"

"As soon as I've shown you my place, we can go," she whispered and took my hands in hers'.

"Don't touch me," I growled, and took my hands back.

"I can keep you here forever if you don't cooperate, Wilhelmina," she sighed.

"I wanna go home!" I sobbed pathetically.

"I'll take you to my happy place and if when we get there, you still want to leave, we'll go. I promise," she whispered softly and pointed at me. When I looked down, I saw my black dress had been replaced with baggy jeans, my favourite old purple jumper and some chequered vans.

"Now you're a little more comfortable, would you like me to take you?"

"I don't have my cane,"

"You don't need it, darling. There's no illness or pain down here," she smiled and started to walk down the path from her house.

"There's no pain in hell?" I laughed incredulously.

"No. Not on this floor anyway," she said, as I caught up to her. It was amazing being able to walk normally without aid and pain. I'd never got to experience it, but it was nice.

"Where is this place?" I frowned, avoiding eye contact still.

"About ten minutes from here,"

"How did you find it?"

"I made it, silly. I made all of everything," she smiled to herself.

"Is God real?" I frowned.

"I'm not allowed to say,"

"But you're 'the most powerful being'," I quoted her earlier words.

"That's true,"

"So why don't you just tell me?" I pressed.

"Because the human mind cannot comprehend the answer. I'm surprised you could understand any of what I told you about myself to be truly honest with you," she laughed.

"I guess I'm just built different," I smirked, remembering some comments I once got on a fan fiction.

"Hmm," she sighed, "we're two minutes away now. I need you to close your eyes,"

"I'd rather not,"

"I won't hurt you I swear but I need to get you up there,"

"Up where?" I frowned, panic taking over. I hated heights, even the top of the outpost could send me funny if I looked down long enough.

"It's in a tree," she whispered, "I won't let you fall,"

"I don't know if I want to go,"

"I need to show you it, Wilhelmina."

"You promise I won't fall?"

"I promise," she smiled gently, "just close your eyes,"

"OK," and I closed them. Slowly, I felt her arms slide around my waist.

"Put you arms around my neck," she whispered and I did.

It all happened so fast, I heard her wings open, I felt myself lift off the ground, I felt her grip on me tighten and then I was shooting through the air with her at a supersonic pace.