20 - Unbroken Promises

Two cars raced toward Wayne Manor.

One black and the other one blood-red. The red car was far ahead of the black one, but the black was catching up quite fast. Dust flew behind the wheels as the two cars competed, performing different tricks and stunts.

I laughed as the Wayne Manor gates came into view, peeping out the window to flick off Adrien, who was driving the black car. The blonde sped up in return, but it was too late. The finish line was approaching, and I was first.

Like always.

I drifted to a stop right before the entrance, and believe me, when I say I was this close to hitting the gate, too absorbed in adrenaline. Adrien slowed down from quite far away, coming to a safe stop. I grinned at him slyly.

I turned around to see the faces of my friends, all terrified. Luka, Chloe, and Kagami were the only people who dared to step into my car after the first time here, and even now, they looked terrified for their life.

"What?" I questioned, when Luka stared at me blankly from the back seat. "Don't look at me like that, it was Adrien's fault." I say, throwing the blonde under the bus. Kagami grinned with joy in the front seat.

"Do it again." she said.

"Never again." Chloe said.

I raised an eyebrow at Chloe's statement. "You hated it that much?" I ask, softly. Chloe smiled at me nervously. "Mari, dear. As much as I love your driving, never race with me in the car." she said.

"Okay." I whispered.

I would have thought Chloe would misunderstand what had happened in the room previously, but she hadn't. She sought me out before we started, telling me that she wasn't mad because she trusted me too much.

She might have also told me to try not to be so close with Luka, because it made her jealous. I wholeheartedly agreed. And then she swooned about Luka being whipped for her, when she heard his side of what happened.

"Can you believe it, Mari? I was the first thing he thought about!"

"Yeah. Sure, Chloe."

And then I regretted ever worrying.

.......

"Blueberry!"

Dick's voice greeted me excitedly as he ran to give me a hug.

"-And friends!" Jason fake-shouted, making sarcastic dazzle hands and waving Luka and Kagami to come hug him. The duo laughed, running into his arms as Dick pouted sadly.

Damian then walked into the room, headphones on, probably listening to music. He bopped his head to the beat, eyes spotting mine. "Hey, Damian!" I shouted, making Dick clutch his ears.

Damian furrowed his eyebrows, an indication that he didn't hear what I was saying. Gosh, how loud was his music? I simply waved, to which he waved back. "Dupain-Cheng." he acknowledged, plopping himself onto the couch.

"You're late, you know." Jason let out, when we all took a seat- whether on the couch or on the floor. "I slept in. Sorry, Jase." I say, yawning to prove my point. "You did? Good, t-that's good." he said.

As if on cue, Alfred walked in with two plates of food, one on each hand, and walked towards the dining table. Some servants, which I'm guessing they hired, followed the old man into the dining hall, all carrying food.

"That's... a lot of food." Nino says, confusion in his eyes. "Yeah, it is. Do we have guests?" I ask Dick. The ravenette smiles at me nervously. "Yes, we do. And I'm guessing you know them." Tim's voice rang out, making me flinch.