' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 '

PETER WASN'T quite sure he liked the plan

PETER WASN'T quite sure he liked the plan. However, there was nothing else they could do to lure out this mysterious attacker, so he had to suck it up. Tony made sure he was wearing his Spider-suit, covered up by his ordinairy clothes so no one would suspect anything, and sent him on his way.

It was Saturday, but it was not unusual for Peter to be on his way. Usually he spent his weekends with Ned and MJ and he pretended to be on his way there, taking his usual route and acting accordingly to his weekly routine. Hiding away in the shadows were all the Avengers, except for a few who were on missions on their own. They were following his every move, but it did not do much for Peter's nerves. The dooming feeling of danger was causing his Spidey sense to go haywire and he looks around constantly to see if there was anyone following him and checking to see if the Avengers were still there.

He hoists his backpack higher on his shoulder and takes a deep breath. Surely it wouldn't be strange if the attacker-lady saw him being slightly nervous, would it be? He was just recently attacked (by her, so she should know), so him being a little uptight wouldn't be surprising. Yes, that was it. Peter tries to shake his unease off and goes ahead as usual.

His route was actually ideal for someone planning to ambush him. Peter knew almost all shortcuts to this part of the city and used them frequently, especially when on his way to Ned. It actually scared him a bit how easy it would be to isolate and ambush him. Perhaps it was time to change up his route once everything is over, he thinks to himself.

Because he was still lost in his thoughts he had almost missed a shadow passing by. Almost. Peter tries desperately not to physically show that he saw her and moves on. He feels the anxiety rise in him as he turns a new corner into an abandoned alleyway with only a few trashcans and trashbags against the sides and awful grafitti work on the walls. His Spidey Sense was sending off warning signs constantly that he had to purposefully ignore. But in the end all the stress and fear was all worth it. He halted when he heard a feminine voice speak up from behind him, sounding almost mocking and full of disbelief.

"My, you sure have a death wish, Peter Parker."

Peter spins around immediately to find the same scary lady as two days ago standing behind him. Once again she was dressed in that suit that did not seem to do much to protect her from harm, but now he was certain that he should fear her for that. "Oh, hi, evil stabby-lady. How you doing," he stutters out nervously.

The woman chuckles in response, the corner of her lip turned up in an amused smirk. "Splendid. Though seeing you back on your feet again truly ruins my mood." Peter hears a double 'click' sound and his eyes flicker to her wrist. From a bracer around both her wrists that certainly hadn't been there the first time now emerge two very sharp blades. Peter swallows and raises his gaze to the blue eyes of the woman. Her smirk broadens as she sees the fear in his brown eyes.

She takes a step forward, her blades glistening darkly in the shallow light of the alley. Peter looks around for a way to escape, but quickly found that there was no way he could outrun her to the main street. In his ear he hears the other Avengers argue that they temporarily lost him, so he couldn't count on them to help out either. Therefore, he decides to do what he does best. Distract. "So, uh.. you're trying to kill me? Wow, must mean I am important than huh?"