' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 '

STEVE STAGGERS backwards at the words that escaped the blonde assassin's mouth

"Yes, his name was Steven. Steven Rogers. How did you know?"

The words echoed through his head. He was unsure on his feet. The others eye him nervously. Obviously, this was not the expected outcome of taking Peter's assassin captive. "Cap, are you okay," Natasha questions, her tone of voice revealing she was actually even a little nervous for his wellbeing.

He shakes his head, his blonde hair swaying back and forth over his forehead. Blonde hair like the assassin. His blue eyes widen as he tries to let the news sink in. Blue eyes like the assassin. His daughter. "But how.." he mutters. It was heartbreaking to those around him how lost he sounded. ".. I-I've been in the ice for almost seventy years. How can she-" Steve was unable to finish his sentence and sinks down helplessly in a chair. Bucky, Sam and Natasha step forward to comfort him.

In the interrogation room the atmosphere was not much better. The girl raises an eyebrow. Her enhanced sense of hearing caught noises from outside the room, but she couldn't overhear what was being said. Peter had even better senses than the Supersoldier and heard Steve's reaction to the news. He felt so bad for bringing it up and giving him so much heartbreak. "Well, can I get an answer. Since I gave you so many of my own, I believe it is only fair if you return the favor."

Peter leans in a little, studying her every feature. She sure did look like the Captain. The same narrow face but strong cheekbones, the same blonde hair and striking blue eyes. "You have no idea who he is, do you?" He asks, hoping to see a spark of recognition like it did before. But unfortunately, her face remains blank. She didn't know. She shrugs it off casually, shaking her head. "Is that name supposed to mean something to me?"

To be honest, Peter didn't understand a single thing about this. She knew his entire time table and routine so she could find an opportunity to ambush him, but she didn't know the well-known true identity of Captain America? It made him wonder how she did her research.

"How do they give you orders at.. whatever you work for? Do they not give you back info or let you do your own research?" Agent Rogers didn't see what this had to do with the whole matter and starts off on a short explanation. "They tell me what they think is necessary for my order.. why are you asking me all of this?" But before Peter could say anything, she had figured it out. "You know who Steven Rogers is, don't you?"

He nods his head in silence. "Yeah, I do. Steven Grant Rogers is better known under the alias of.. Captain America."

That didn't exactly have the desired effect. Agent Rogers shakes her head and leans backwards in her chair. Her eyes grow cold once more. Seriously, she could really switch between her emotions every few seconds, Peter thinks to himself.

"You're lying."

"I'm not. Besides, what reason would I have to lie to you?"

She scoffs out loud. "I can imagine you have enough reasons to do so. I wouldn't blame you for lying to the person that tried to kill you.. twice." Peter throws her a look of disappointment. "You really believe I am that petty? If I was, I wouldn't have come to talk with you." Agent Rogers cocks her head sideways. He did have a point about that. But.. how was she supposed to believe this? One of the people she was tasked to destroy actually fathered her, though unwillingly.

"Get out, Mr. Parker," she tells him, her tone of voice growing ice cold. Peter opens his mouth to say something, but he closes again and leaves the room in silence. The door makes a sound as it slides shut and locks again behind him. Peter approaches the Avengers to find them all digest the news. Everyone had an off feeling about this, but no one was as bad as Steve Rogers himself.

He was sitting on a chair since his legs couldn't hold him up any longer. The Supersoldier was sweating and holds his face in his hands. Bucky still remained by his side and rubs his back comfortingly. Natasha squeezes his shoulder while staring at nothing and Sam was just pacing back and forth. "I'm sorry, Mr. Rogers," the kid mumbles. He feels awful for delivering the news this way.

The Captain slowly looks up and shakes his head. "None of this is your fault, son. I just.. I can't imagine the stories they told her to make her hate us. I can't believe I have a.. a daughter. And I can not believe that I missed so much of her life." He runs a hair through his golden locks. His blue eyes turn to the one way window. Agent Rogers was sitting slumped in her chair. Her shoulders and head were lowered so they could not see her face.

"I need to talk with her." Tony turns to the blonde Supersoldier. His eyebrows turned down in a frown, causing wrinkles to appear in his forehead. "Cap, I really want to make a joke right now but can't, so lets just put it this way. Do you really think that is the smartest thing to do?" "Why not? I have to explain this to her. We need to.. I owe it to her, Tony. We are father and daughter." "- A daughter who wants to kill her father and his friends from work. Perhaps not a good idea, Capsicle," Tony remarks quickly.

Steve takes his remark into consideration, but shakes his head nonetheless. "No, I want to speak with her. We need to have this talk. It is long overdue." Everyone watches quietly as Captain America stands up. He rolls his shoulders and neck to ease the tension and sighs. The Supersoldier balls his fist for a moment in order to give himself courage. Without another word said he heads towards the door of the interrogation room.

He lays his hand on the hand scanner and the door slides open with a soft noise. Steve walks inside quietly, his boots barely making noise on the sleek floor. As soon as the door shut behind him the girl raises her head. Blue eyes meet blue as their gazes lock.

And the both of them realised that there was no denying the truth now. Agent Rogers was Steve's daughter.