' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 '

"SO

"SO.. YOU'RE my daughter."

"So, you're my father."

A few moments had passed since Steve walked into the room and before he spoke up. How did you start a conversation with the daughter you didn't know you had? He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms before his broad chest. The young woman in front of him tries to mimic the actions as much as she could with her hands still bound by Stark's handcuffs.

"Can you tell me your name," Steve asks. The assassin shrugs. "Why do you want to know?" "Maybe because you are my daughter and that I would prefer not to call you Agent all the time," Steve remarks quickly. He sounded almost sarcastic. She rolls her eyes. Eventually she sighs and gives in. "Fine. My name is Victoria."

"It is a beautiful name.." Steve mentions cautiously. He was testing the waters here, he knew. Victoria looks up and narrows her gaze on him, her blue eyes cold. "They chose it because it means victory. I was meant to be victorious in their mission. It is all I am to them, a means to a victorious end." Steve swallows away the lump in his throat. Having conversation with her was proving to be much more difficult than he had imagined. But, what had he expected? To just make up and lovingly hug each other as father and daughter reunite? That only happened in stories.

"Victoria Rogers. It suits you." Steve smiles kindly at her, hoping to break the ice between them a little. If Tony was here he would have definitely called them The Two Capsicles, all things considered. It even felt colder in the room. Steve tries to keep up the conversation by asking more. He asks if there were any more names, such as a middle name or a nickname. Victoria shakes her head in denial.

Steve sighs and lowers his head. He was running out of ideas to talk with her about. But the assassin took it as a sign of frustration.

"You don't have to be here if you don't want to. I don't need you, just like I don't need anyone else," she snarls. She was raising the walls again and becoming defensive. The captain tries to diffuse the situation. "That is not what I meant. It's just that I don't know what to talk with you about. I don't know you-" Steve reaches out and grabs her hand before she could retract it. "- but I want to get to know you." He takes his hand back again and watches her. He was hopeful that she wanted to continue to talk with him.

Victoria leans back a little. She was still visibly confused from the short moment when Steve grabbed her hand. "I-I don't have much to tell. All my life exists around training, regenerating, missions and repeat. I didn't really have.. personal experiences. At least not ones not involving violence." Well, that was another closed off door, Steve thinks to himself. It was also sad that she didn't have much of a childhood as she was constantly training and fighting.

Steve scrapes his throat. "Well, uh.. do you want anything to eat? I can grab you something." Victoria shakes her head in response. It seemed like she was trying to be polite and not sarcastic all the time, which seems like a step in the good direction. "No, I don't eat," she responds. While she makes it seem as if it was the most normal thing to say, Steve's eyes were bulging out of their sockets.