' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 '

THE DOCTOR nods towards the chair in front of his desk

THE DOCTOR nods towards the chair in front of his desk. Victoria takes place elegantly. Her wound was still seeping blood through her soaked suit, but she knew the Doctor wouldn't care unless she dropped to the ground.

"Your return pleases me greatly, my Scorpion," he speaks. His glasses rest on the tip of his nose. He was smiling politely, but Victoria knew the Doctor well by now. He might be presenting himseld as kind, she didn't ignore the cold and calculating glint in his dark green eyes.

Despite what the classical depiction of a psychopathic doctor with plans for world domination was, Doctor Landon Hyde was actually young and quite handsome. He was in his early thirties with pale blonde curls and dimples in his cheek if he ever laughed. He possessed sunkissed skin, though it was all artificially done by a tanning bed.

When Victoria was 'born' Landon Hyde was a new lab technician at the Agency under the supervision of their leader and his late father, Anselmus Hyde. Anselmus was a deranged scientist, but it was his son who was the true monster. Victoria knew that Anselmus was just testing the edges of what was possible. He had no mind of what was ethical or not, but he had no superior motive other than knowledge.

Doctor Landon, however, was delusional. He was obsessed with heroes and followed their every step. He saw the destruction left in their wake and the deaths that might follow and his hatred started to grow. In the meantime Anselmus had stepped down and given his son full reigns over the Agency.

And Doctor Hyde was brutal. He started training Victoria while also plucking children from the streets or orphanages to train them as assassins. Even the other lab workers were not safe for his wrath.

"Considering your return, I gather I can assume the Avengers are now all dead?" He leisurely leans back in his office chair, his hands clasped on his lap. Victoria cringes when she shifts in the chair. Her wound was stinging a lot, but she knew she would have to bear it until the Doctor would allow her any medical attention.

"My mission had experienced a.. set-back, Sir," she explains hesitantly. Her gaze flashes to the hands in his lap. He had tightened his grip on them. Not to mention there was a certain tick to his jaw. It was certain he was angry.

He shows her a sly grin, but she knew he was seething underneath. "And what set-back may that be?"

Victoria straightens her back. She didn't let her eyes waver from his. As they drilled into her many times before, she wouldn't show any weakness. "During my attempt to assassinate the Spider-Man, the other Avengers caught notice. They all appeared and fought me together. They had overpowered and captured me. I escaped only by fighting my way out. I immediately came back here to report."

The Doctor hums softly. "I see. But.. did I not tell you not to return unless all the Avengers were dead?" The Agent grows stiff in her seat. She knew she had defied his orders by coming back without completing her mission, but perhaps she could bluff her way out of the situation.

"You did, Sir, and I am aware I failed my order. However, considering how long I was held captive I thought it best to return and ensure you that my loyalty still stands," she speaks calmly. Her voice was trying to express logic and the coldness they would expect from before she went on her mission.

The Doctor hums again. She noticed his gaze linger on her injuries. "Perhaps you have a point there. After all, it has been four months." His eyes climb up and lock on her blue ones. "Are you in pain?"

Any other person would ask such a question out of concern. Not the Doctor. All he wanted to hear was that they were hanging on, showing resilience and strength. "Nothing I can not bear, Sir." His lip tilts up in a slight smile. The glint in his eyes almost seemed pleased.

"Good answer, my Scorpion. I will have just one test done and after that you are allowed to regenerate in your pod." He gestures with his hand. Someone must have been watching them through cameras since suddenly two lab technicians enter. One of them was holding a device that looks like a portable metal detector.

Victoria arches a single eyebrow at Doctor Hyde. "Sir, are you doubting my loyalty?" The Doctor chuckles and shakes his head calmly. "I don't doubt you, my Scorpion. I doubt the Avengers and their little tricks." He signs to the two lab workers. One of them yanks her out of her seat while the other kneels down to the ground.

The detector gives off an electric blue hue as it scans her body. The Doctor was observing carefully as they check her entire body from front to back and down to up. Victoria was deliberately keeping her breath steady, but inside she felt the nerves build up. She hopes dearly that Tony made those contacts and earpiece really as undetectable as he believes he did.

"She is clear, Sir." She resisted letting out a sigh of relief. The Doctor observes quietly from his chair. He had changed his position during her investigation. Now his chin rests on top of his folded hands. Victoria was feeling angry beneath her skin, but what she shows was a respective nod of her head. "May I take my leave, Doctor Hyde?"

The Doctor nods quietly and stands up. "Follow me, Agent Rogers. I will adjust the stats on the pod so you can take a well-deserved rest." He stands up from the chair and walks around the desk to offer his arm galantly to her. Without much hesitation she wraps her arm around his and allows him to lead her through the endless hallways.

She tries to let her eyes travel everywhere to give the Avengers an idea of the lay-out of the Agency without alerting the Doctor or his group of lab technicians that trail behind them. Sometimes they would give her directions in where they wanted her to look for a better idea of the floorplan.

The way to her pod was very familiar and she didn't exactly need an escort, but only Doctor Hyde was capable and allowed to touch the mechanics of her pod.

They enter a completely metal room that seems like they were in a submarine chamber. In the corner of the room was another door that leads to a primitive private bathroom. By the right wall stands a tall tank that looks much like the cryogenical tank that Sergeant Barnes had been in, her father's best friend.

Doctor Hyde pulls his arm back and walks towards the board computer. His fingers work very quick on the keyboard as he changes the nutrients she would received and the time needed. Slowly the front of the pod opens and Victoria enters calmly and composed.

The Doctor smiles at her as the front of the pod closes. "I will see you in four hours, Agent Rogers." Victoria nods one time and closes her eyes. She was not aware at all of time passing since her brain did not comprehend, but the Avengers back at the compound were aware.

And so the Avengers were the only ones able to overhear what the Doctor said.

"You think Agent Rogers is compromised, Sir," one of the lab workers asks. Since Victoria's eyes were closed they could not see where this person was in the room. All they knew was that he must be on the left side of the chamber.

They hear Doctor Hyde sigh. "I fear so." The earpiece picks up the sounds of him walking nearer to her pod. "It is not my Scorpion's fault, but that of the Avengers. That is why I am willing to give her a second chance." They were able to hear him putting flesh against metal. Most likely him putting his hand on the pod.

The Doctor sighs once more and pulls his hand away.

"Start the erasing process."