' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 '

VICTORIA STARES with disdain at the sight she was confronted with

A new double person bed.

She felt really uncomfortable when looking at the new piece of furniture in the bedroom that she claimed as hers. The assassin had her arms crossed before her chest and leans with her back against the wall besides her door.

Steve had proudly presented the new bed with a sense of pride, but he soon noticed she was not particularly excited  and he retreated fast. Victoria didn't know what exactly what she did to make him react like that. It also confused her, considering that there had already been a bed in there. Sure, that one was more form over function, but it was not like she ever used it.

The daily routine continued, but there was something off about Steve. She didn't know what it was about. The blonde questioned him about it, but he didn't seem willing to answer. She went on with training as usual. It was only late in the evening that something changed in the routine.

She just got out of her usual 11.30 p.m. shower after returning from the medbay when someone knocks on her door. Her senses were on high. Past experience learned her that change from schedule rarely meant any good.

Victoria grabs one of the bracers from a shelf in the bedroom and fastens it tightly around her wrist. Then she quietly walks towards the door to open it. She raises her arm with the bracer and with skillfully trained precision she holds it up to the throat of the person on the other side of her door. And that person was Peter Parker.

"What are you doing here," she asks briskly. Peter leans back from the blade, but he didn't gulp like he would have done earlier times. "I've come to talk with you," he tells her. He nods to the room behind her, silently questioning if she was going to invite him inside.

Victoria kicks the door further open and walks back into the room. Peter enters, closing the door behind him. He sits down on the bed and bounces up and down testingly. "Feels comfy. Must be nice to sleep in, huh," he asks. His dark eyes look up to meet her blue ones.

She shrugs her shoulders. With crossed arms and legs she leans against a desk. "I wouldn't know, I never sleep." Peter curves an eyebrow up in surprise. "Seriously, I wonder how you are still alive at times."

Victoria chuckles quietly. She hadn't meant to laugh, but sometimes Peter's remarks made her do do. "Well, I never had to sleep. The pod that I stayed in ensured that my body had the rest it needed, just.. quicker than sleeping the suggested seven to nine hours myself."

I really want to see that tank for myself one time, Peter thinks to himself quietly. It sounded very useful, especially when injured. Victoria once told him they tried to test how fast the pod would heal fatal wounds. They had stabbed her in the abdomen. It pierced her liver and did damage to her gut. Eight hours in the pod and there was nothing left to be seen but the remainder of the blood on her skin. Peter thought that the person who developed this pod must be a genius and that didn't settle right considering that genius was on the side of a organization that wants to kill them all.