' 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 '

(warnings: mentions of murder, violence, abuse and attempted murder)

SUNLIGHT SEEPS through the window above her head and highlights her pale features. Victoria pries open her eyes. She was still in a daze when she feels warmth caging her in. After blinking her eyes a few times she realises the position that she was in.

At the beginning of the night Peter had been on one side of the bed and she on the other. Now their legs were entangled. Her chin was resting on his collar bone while he had his arms wrapped around her and his head buried in her hair. During her sleep they must have moved, which Victoria found strange. 

Her stirring must have woken Peter up because she heard him groan and felt him move. When both teens felt fully awake they quickly jumped apart. He even went as far as to jump to the other side of the room and press himself against the wall.

Peter feels mortified and it shows on his face due to his heated blush. Not only was he embarrased, he also felt scared for his life. He was already imagining the doom scenario where one of the Avengers would catch them and he would get wrecked by Captain America.

"Okay.. that just happened," he says, running his hands through his hair frantically.

Victoria rolls her eyes and slips out of the bed. She walks over to her closet and opens the doors. On the right side were the more comfortable clothes and daywear, but the main part of the closet was stacked with identical suits and training gear. "Relax, Spider-Man," she says while casually taking out one of her suits.

Peter disagrees with her words. The pitch of his voice was slightly higher than usual. "Relax? Your dad will kill me and then Bucky will!" The assassin shrugs her shoulders. "That is if they ever found out," she responds calmly. She throws the suit lazily onto the messy bed. He was actually surprised by how cool she remained to be while he was freaking out.

"What do you propose, then?" Peter pushes himself off the wall, but he keeps his distance. There was an almost curious look to his face. To Victoria it wasn't really that difficult. "We just act as usual and don't say anything about you staying here." It was a good plan, but Peter saw a fault in it. "But when I go out F.R.I.D.A.Y. will see me."

Victoria rolls her eyes heavily. This guy was seriously lacking creativity sometimes. "Then you hack her! We both know you're smart enough. But if you don't want that you can climb out the window and crawl back into your room. At the worst you will get berated by Stark for staying out so late."

Peter rather chose for the second option and makes his way towards the bed. Before he could crawl out of her bedroom window Victoria turns to him. "Oh, and Peter?" He looks up at her calling his name and quirks one eyebrow questioningly. "Thank you for staying with me and.. helping me fall asleep. I appreciate it."

The boy shows a big, mischievious grin. "Wow, the infamous Victoria Rogers tells me she appreciates me. The newspapers must be working overtime now." She chuckles and waves him off. "Don't make me regret saying thank you." With a goofy grin he leaves through the window. Victoria shakes her head and grabs the suit from her bed. After a quick shower she got dressed and headed downstairs for the next step of her diet plan.