Chapter 4: Stories

The sun is setting and Cyris still hasn't found any trace of Arthir. The last place he hadn't checked yet was the smallest part of the city where they produce and advertise items from centuries ago. Cyris enters the quiet area and looks around.

"Just where the heck did you run off to..."

Fortunately, it didn't take too long.

Cyris finds Arthir standing in front of a bookstore, looking at the books on display behind the glass. Cyris approaches him carefully, not wanting to startle Arthir and make him run off again. Cyris just wanted to go home already.

"Hey." Cyris calls.

Arthir glances at him and looks back at the books.

Cyris grinds his teeth at the reaction and exhaless in frustration. "Hey, let's go back already."

"..."

"Are you listening to me? Do you know what I had to go through just to find you?"

"..."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Answer me! Arthir!"

"Please wait for a moment. I am looking through these books."

"..."

He finally spoke.

Cyris walks closer to stand by Arthir's side.

"What's so interesting about these books?" Cyris asked. "If you want one, you can just purchase them off the net, you know?"

"A real copy feels different."

"...Eh?" Cyris didn't really get it. As long as you can read it, does it really matter what shape or form it is? Cyris looks closer to find that Arthir was looking at fairy tales and adventure books. Arthir pressed his palm against the glass and spoke. "It's just my preference. I prefer to have a physical copy like these."

"...Do you have money on you?"

Arthir shakes his head. "I was given nothing when I left."

"..."

Arthir had a weak and self-deprecating smile on his face. He continues to speak with a voice trying to mask its shakiness and verge of breaking down. "You're right. I shouldn't have said what I said. I apologize for overreacting and how I acted a few moments ago. What right does someone like me have? How you lead your kingdom is your own business."

"...Wait here."

"Huh?"

Arthir watches as Cyris enters the bookstore. He blinks in confusion. A few seconds later, Cyris comes out with a bag full of books and raises it as if he was going to drop it. Arthir quickly understood the gesture and caught the bag.

"This is..." Arthir takes a peek inside of the bag to find that these were all the books he's been eyeing and a few more titles. Arthir looked up at Cyris in disbelief. Who the hell was this man in front of him?

Cyris looks back at him and cocked his head to the side. "Come on, let's go back already."

"..."

Cyris turns around and begins to walk.

"Prince Cyris."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"The hell? I'm getting chills for some reason."

"Prince Cyris, I am being sincere right now." Arthir frowns, catching up to Cyris's side. Cyris laughed and bumps Arthir's shoulder with his own. Arthir replies by bumping into Cyris, earning a snicker from the taller.