Epilogue

It wasn't a surprise to the whole palace to discover that Arthir was carrying Cyris's progeny after three weeks. Arthir had this beaming smile on his face, a hand placed over his flat stomach. The couple was inside their room with a doctor.

"And we'll have to schedule another check-up next week." The doctor said, noting down something in his tablet. After discussing a bit more about the check-up next week and a few more details, the doctor left, leaving the couple to celebrate properly.

"A little one is on the way." Arthir says, looking at his belly. Cyris silently engulfs Arthir into a hug, trembling in joy. Arthir hums in delight, caressing his husband's back. Cyris never thought that he could have a family like this. This was one of the moments where he suddenly recalls the past.

"How many times do I have to say this to get this through all your heads?"

"No one is worthy."

"Love?"

"Just like the rest...You fear me and you'll run away. He is not worthy. Go back to your kingdom."

"I don't like him."

He imagines talking to his past self. Surely, his past self would roar with laughter if he told him that he would marry Arthir in the end and Arthir would become the bearer of his child, maybe children. Cohlin was right. Love is not violence and war. It's care and respect. It's a feeling where you find that someone you wish to protect and cherish with all your heart, mind and soul. When you love someone, you will do everything for this person and they complete you. They become the most beautiful and valuable treasure in your life.

They do...Arthir is Cyris's valuable treasure along with the life they created.

His previous thoughts were proven wrong by one man.

And his name was Arthir.

--

YEAR XXXX

Crown Prince Cyris ascends the throne, ruling the Bestetian Empire alongside Prince Arthir. The Empire rejoices, celebrating the ascension of their beloved rulers.

--

6 months later.

Arthir covered his mouth, making a strange noise. Selena was at his side, immediately alert. "What's wrong, your highness?"

"I'm hungry again." Arthir caresses his large bump with a fond smile. The two were currently in the garden. It was almost time for lunch, but even before lunch, Arthir had eaten a lot. Pregnancy was tough, especially at the beginning where he would get sick and have several emotional outbursts.  He felt ashamed for making a big deal of the little things, especially food. However, he was grateful for everyone's patience with him and understanding his words and deeds.

"Selena, may I bother you to fetch some snacks for me? The little one and I are eager to eat the usual."

"Of course, your highness. I'll be quick."

"Be careful."

The maid runs off.

And returns with a tray of *CENSORED*, along with Cyris. Selena places the meal on the the table in the garden and moved away to give the couple privacy. The two greet each other, Cyris pressing a quick kiss on Arthir's forehead.

"I still don't understand how you're able to eat...that."

"Hey, it's good." Arthir replies to his husband's statement, taking a bite of *CENSORED* with a fork.