Chapter 8: I Wish I Could've Told You

Cohlin rubs the Emperor's back with a worried look. The Emperor is straight-up sobbing, tears staining his face, palms and sleeves. Fortunately, nobody other than them can witness this sight. The Emperor was saying something, but was crying too much for him to actually say coherent words.

All Cohlin knew was that the Emperor was crying tears of joy, relief and pride.

The moment Cyris and Arthir announce their willingness to be engaged with one another with loving gazes, it was the moment that stunned the Emperor, then burst into tears once moved to his office. The Emperor didn't understand how it came to be...Their spars were considered their dates, their storytelling sessions as well and much more that he probably hasn't heard of.

But in the end, what mattered the most to the Emperor was his son's and son-in-law's happiness, and as well as the future of the Empire. The Emperor prays for their relationship to continue to grow and remain stable, according to several staff and Cohlin himself..."These two are meant to be."

He will trust that.

Ahh, but there are other matters he must settle.

Cyris's engagement with Arthir still hasn't been publicly announced to the whole empire. It's a piece of information only established inside the palace. Before publicly sharing their decision to be united, the Emperor wanted to deal with a certain kingdom first. He didn't want or need to be related to corruption. He's empire may not be perfect, but at least he cares and tries his best to improve everyone's lives, and has the capability to feel sympathy and empathy for his people.

Unlike them.

He also knew that Arthir would like to change his kingdom.

Before the wedding...

There must not be any possible disturbances.

The Emperor himself will make sure of that, and he's sure his son will too.

--

A few days later...

There was a piece of vast land far from the Empire. This land was divided into two like black and white. The first half was full of life, beautiful and full of riches while the second half was barren, destitute and abused. At the side of luxury, inside the castle in a large meeting room, there was a group of five people.

The man with a long beard spoke first. "It's been a month already, why hasn't there been any news from them?"

The woman beside him sighed, dressed in several dark purple robes and a face heavy with makeup. "Since they haven't kicked him out, that must be a good sign, yes? We have to make our move."

There were two boys, fairly tall with dark blue hair. The first prince of Aiziles easily agreed. "It's our only chance. We have to make this right."

"Shouldn't we wait until our little brother is carrying?" The second pointed out cautiously. "Well...That is if the Crown Prince actually accepted him. Unlikely, but with how long it's been without news...As mother said, it must be they tolerated his presence. The Emperor is desperate after all."

"We have to find out."

The fifth person in the room remained silent. He was wearing dark clothing, hood over his head with a face mask. He had weapons strapped around his thighs and waist. Suddenly, a sixth person decides to join them.

"Your majesties!" The servant said, kneeling on the floor. "Several rumors have been spread throughout the Bestetian Empire. It is rumored that the Bestetian Prince and Prince Arthir had been married for over a month now secretly."