Chapter 10: Longing

Note: Hello! This is the SFW version of Chapter 10 for those uncomfortable with NSFW content! I want to note that you will miss nothing that is plot related by reading this. Chapter 10 SFW and Chapter 10 NSFW have the same content, the only difference is that the NSFW content is taken out here, but no plot has been taken so please be rest assured. Thank you readers!

The Author's notes will also be the same!

--

Year XXXX

The Aiziles Kingdom falls after the assassination attempt on the Crown Prince of the Bestetian Empire. The attempt also caused suspicion on the Third Prince of Aiziles, Prince Arthir de Rulia Aiziles. However, after several testimonies from the lower realm of the Aiziles Kingdom defending the third prince and as well as visual and auditory evidence from the assassin and several other sources, the suspicions have been cast aside.

The King and Queen, including the first and second prince have faced judgement and have been sentenced to death for attempting to assassinate the Crown Prince and for their schemes to overtake the Bestetian Empire.

The Kingdom may have fallen, but it was the rise of freedom.

--

Year XXXX

Crown Prince Cyris de Avelione Bestetia and former Third Prince, Prince Arthir de Rulia Aiziles weds. The whole Empire celebrates and looks forward to a bright future with their rulers.

--

Sniff.

The Emperor blows his nose into a tissue. The Emperor puts it away inside a trash bin beside his chair. Cohlin stood by his side, carrying a box of tissues. The Emperor takes another tissue, sniffling. "I never thought I'd see this day..."

Cohlin nods. "Our prince and his spouse have certainly come a long way."

"My Empress...Are you watching this? Look at them..."

Cohlin finds himself tearing up at the mention of the late Empress. "I'm sure that her majesty is with us."

The Emperor nods, smiling proudly at his son and son-in-law. Today is truly a joyous occasion and he grabs Cohlin's arm. "Are you sure you don't want the title-"

"Yes, your majesty."

He's grateful that the Emperor thought so highly of him, but no. There was no way he was going to be a national hero because he was a matchmaker. He didn't even want to think about it, so Cohlin focused his gaze on the wedded pair in front of them all.

Cyris in a black suit while Arthir was wearing a white suit, a veil over his face. Maybe...Maybe it's fine to cry with the Emperor for once. So he wouldn't feel too lonely. In this large hall that echoes their voices, only close members of the royal family were present to witness the event along with Cohlin.

It didn't take long for Cyris to lift Arthir's veil and capture his beloved's lips.

After the marriage ceremony, they begin the wedding reception with a fated spar. The Emperor almost fainted, but the soldiers cheered without qualm. Will this finally be the day where one of them will succeed victorious!? The General had a gut feeling, someone was going to win. This won't end in a draw.

"It's my wedding day, go easy on me." Arthir says with a frown.

"It's also my wedding day, idiot. You should let me win." Cyris clicked his tongue.

"And why should I?" Arthir shot back.

"So I can save energy for tonight."

"..." Arthir clenched his fist. "Y-You..."