Chapter 7: Draw

A month has passed.

The General watched as Arthir takes a stroll inside the palace halls, followed by Cyris. The General had to rub his eyes and take a look again. Cyris was taller than Arthir, but why did it feel like Cyris was shrinking down as he followed Arthir from behind. The General kept this thoughts locked deep inside his mind, if he ever expressed them, he fears for his life, but...

Prince Cyris awfully looks like a lost little puppy chasing after Arthir.

What the hell happened?

A month ago they were at each other's throats, maybe trying to kill each other, but now...

It's completely different.

How did it come to this?

--

"Cohlin, I think I'm in love."

"..." Cohlin masked his astonishment, keeping a calm facade.

Cohlin wanted to make sure that the prince wasn't mistaking this feeling for anything else. Is what Cyris claiming to feel actually what he feels? So he asks for more details pertaining to his feelings.

"I just...want to be close to him as much as possible and as much as I can." Cyris explains. "And when he has problems, I want to help and fix it. I hate it when he looks unhappy and I hate it when I can't do anything for him. I also do not wish for him to leave..."

"I see." Cohlin nods. "What do you want to do?"

Cyris clenches his fist and looks at Cohlin determinedly. "I'll help him. What I want doesn't matter, he comes first."

--

"Arthir, let's fight again."

"Again?"

"What? Are you scared?"

Arthir shots a venomous glare at Cyris and opened his mouth to retort. "Who's scared of who? Did your brain get damaged during our last fight? I hit you too hard, didn't I?"

A chortle slips out of Cyris's mouth. He smirks at Arthir and nudges his shoulder playfully. "Indulge me just this once. That one round didn't satisfy me."

Arthir sighs, but there was no intensity or agitation behind his next words. "You're becoming greedier. Don't blame me if I break one of your bones."

"You're the one getting messed up." Cyris growled.

They took no offense to each other's words. Cohlin found it strange that this was their way of showing respect towards each other. Assuring one another that they weren't holding back and don't plan on doing so, but the way their voices travel sound so lighthearted. In the end, Cohlin takes this with a smile, realizing that this was the form Cyris's love takes and it was still a mystery whether Arthir reciprocated it or not, but he always replied accordingly and welcomed it.

There was also that one scene that had the palace talking about for days.

Cyris carrying Arthir like a bride.

And it was a unanimous and silent agreement between the whole palace...

They would gladly serve Arthir as a ruler beside their future Emperor.

They arrive at the training grounds, readying themselves.

It didn't take long for them to start and exchange blows.

They can fight for hours and hours, possibly days if they actually consider this a battle to the death or such. Their usual audience had become more noisier and noisier as days passed, cheering for the two princes. The pair had also become one of their motivations.