2- Making Friends Is Dangerous

"Kira, hurry your ass up, we are going to be late!" Nori yelled while she was waiting at the front door.

Kira turned the corner from the hall, "You talk to Goldie locks with that mouth?" Kira smiled.

"Goldie locks, really? I think Golden Retriever works better." Nori smiles to her self.

Nori opened the door for Kira. She noticed a stack of paper left on the dining table. Nori walked over to it and recognized it was the work Kira did for Scott. Nori shoved it in her backpack and ran out to the car their dad was waiting in, locking the front door behind her.

*

"Hi, I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again. Anyway, I have something for you." Kira rambled.

Scott smiled at her, "For me?"

"Yeah." Kira said, swinging her backpack to the front, looking through it. "About the Bardo. Mine and Nori's explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you."

Scott chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "Ah, you didn't have to do that."

Kira looked back up at him shaking her head, "It only took a couple of hours."

Scott's eyes went wide, "Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that."

From behind Kira, Nori opened her backpack pulling out the stack of papers, "I swear I printed it out." Kira was getting anxious, moving journal to journal looking for the papers.

"Kira." Nori said, walking up behind Kira holding the papers in her hands. "You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like."

Kira turned around with wide eyes, glaring harshly at Nori, Scott's whole face turned red. "That's what happens when you use all of the ink in my printer." Nori whispered, sending her smile and turning back around to sit at her desk.

Kira, still in shock, stood there holding the papers until slowly turning around and rolling her eyes. Scott's eyes were still wide open and watched Kira as she turned around, Kira trying to avoid eye contact pushed the papers in front of her. Scott smiled and gladly took them from her.

They made eye contact for a moment and smiled at each other. Kira awkwardly turned back around and sat at her desk that was to her left. Scott walked past her sitting at his desk that was diagonal from her.

Nori sitting in the front right desk had her legs up on her desk watching the whole thing play out. Kira put her head in her hands then slowly looked up at Nori, with a deadly glare. Nori raised her eyebrows and faced the front of the class as their dad started the lesson.

"All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail...Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?"

He looked around the room waiting for a student to volunteer. Still smiling he asked Stiles. "Mr.Stilinski, how about you?"

Stiles looked up at him, "Oh um, maybe someone else could."

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski."

"Okay." Stiles sighed and got up from his desk.

Stiles stood at the podium looking at the passage, he squinted his eyes whispering to himself reassurances. He grabbed the edges of the podium and closed his eyes trying to focus. Nori took her legs off her desk ready to get up from her seat to catch Stiles if he fainted.

Everyone sat there in silence staring at Stiles waiting for him to read. His breathing got heavier and more rapidly.

He looked up at the class and Scott got up from his seat, "Stiles? You okay?"