22- Is it Over?

"Scott!" Nori yelled, helping herself into his house. She walked in and saw Liam and Scott, "Get your shit together Kira found Brett." Nori told them, raising her phone to indicate Kira texted her.

Scott grabbed two motorcycle helmets, handing one to Liam while asking. "Are they hurt?"

"No, they're fine but we gotta go." Nori reassured him.

Liam looked at both of them, "More assassins?"

"Maybe a lot more." Scott told him, walking to the front door.

"Different from the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asked.

"I don't ever wanna experience that again." Nori added.

"I think so." Scott said, trying to rush out of the house.

"Scott." Nori said to get his attention. He opened the door but stopped to look at her. She motions towards Liam who hesitated to leave and stood by the dining table. Scott watched Liam as he slowly placed the helmet on the table.

Scott shut the door and walked over to Liam, followed by Nori. "How about I take you home?" Nori asked Liam.

"I'm not like you." Liam said solemnly, directing it to Scott.

"Not yet."

"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You guys try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?" Liam asked.

"Not all of us are." Scott said.

Nori put a hand over her heart, "That one hurt." She quietly said.

"Let us at least take you home." Scott lifted the helmet back up.

"No." Nori takes the helmet from Scott's hand and places it back on the table. "I'll take him home. You go be the Alpha dog and help my sister."

*(It's the next day btw)

"Malia?" Nori called out as she got out of her car as she pulled into the driveway of her house.

Malia stopped and turned to look at Nori. "What's wrong?" Nori asked quickly, walking up to Malia.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you know after also being murdered."

"I had a nightmare last night, but besides that..." Nori trailed off, noticing an unrecognizable look on Malia. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Malia quickly said. "I went and saw Stiles. He's fine. Melissa locked us in his hospital room but I just broke the lock and came here."

"As if he doesn't already owe the hospital a lot." Nori commented.

There was an awkward silence until Malia spoke up. "I'm gonna go."

"Wait, last night at the bonfire where we almost died. You said you were trying to figure things out." Nori said, taking a pause. "Did you figure it out?"

"I think." Malia turned around to leave but Nori called out again. "Malia stop."

Malia stopped and looked Nori in the eyes. "You told me you didn't hate me but yet here you are trying to run off. I know Stiles, and Scott messed up. They should've told you the truth but...." Nori trailed off.

She knows what she wants to say but she doesn't know how to put it into words. All she wants is to vent about everything and nothing to Malia for hours on end. Her heart flutters when Malia is near. She feels as if it's wrong, this is her friend she is thinking about. It's a storm trying to break through but Nori refuses to let it in. I guess, It'll take time.