Five months

Breath in, and out, in and out, in-

"Master Dick?" Dick turned and looked at the surprised and worried face of Alfred. He gave him a kind smile.

"Hi Al."

"Anything?" Alfred asked and Dick's face fell into a frown.

"No, the lead didn't go anywhere. I just got back and I'm gonna go down and tell Bruce..." Dick looked towards the hidden entrance of the cave. "Has he... Has he left the cave at all?"

"No not since you left and I'm getting worried. He doesn't sleep or eat, I... I don't know what to do?'' Alfred looked at the floor. Normally Dick would have hugged him but he was so tired, he hadn't either slept for at least a week. Damian had been missing for five months soon and the leads were running dry and the hope fading.

"We aren't giving up Al, we will find him." Dick said, voice as certain as he could make it. Even though after five months he wasn't so sure anymore. And with that he opened the cave, entered and descended into the batcave.

"At what cost thought.'' Alfred mumbled to himself as his adopted grandson walked down to tell his son that his youngest child was still missing.

"Red watch out!" Tim snapped out of his dase as Stephanie called to him and he just barely avoided a crowbar that was swung at him. But as he flipped backwards he lost his balance and fell into a bin. Stephany quickly unarmed the thug, handcuffed him and alerted the police. Then she took Tim under the arm and grappled upwards.

As they got to a roof Tim sat down on the edge and slumped together. Steph looked at him worriedly.

"You need a brake, Tim." She said firmly.

"I'm fine." Tim tried but he really didn't sound convincing. Steph walked up to him and sat down. Removing is domino mask. Underneath large defined black circles where unvalid under his eyes.

"Shit Tim, when was the last time you slept?" Tim shrugged. "Tim." She warned but Tim just looked away from her.

"I don't have time to sleep. During the day I need to run Wayne enterprise and then during the night I have to patrol the city." Steph hardened her glare.

"You have been pressing yourself to 200 procent for five months let someone else patrol for a while- ''

"There is no one else!" Tim interrupted. "Bruce, Dick and Jason are working non stop trying to find Damian. I have to keep the city safe so they can focus on that." Steph took a hold of Tim's arm.

"I, Barbra and Cass can look after the city for a few night. Tim, you are exhausted and you are also looking for Damian. You are overworking yourself, please take a break before you fall apart." There was a short silence before a sulk came out from Tim's mouth.

"I can't rest, Steph I can't. Every time I stop what I'm doing my brain just runs all the possible scenarios of what could have happened to him. Everyday I was a horrible brother. Steph. What if we never find him? What if the last thing I did was yell at him? I can't I just..." Tim trailed off as he choked on his tears and he leaned forward into Stephanie's embrace. Holding him while he broke.

Damian awoke to the now all too familiar feeling of hunger although not as much as when he had gone to sleep. He turned in his bed and looked at the iv bag that was connected to his arm and he sighed.

"I wouldn't have to do that if you only ate." The irritated voice made Damian roll his eyes.

"I will starve myself till my body gets rid of this parasite to keep me alive." Slade slammed his hand on the table he was standing next to.

"It is not a parasite, it's a child. Your child! Our child!" Damian glanced at the man who was his mate and turned his back to him.

"It's a fetus, old man, don't get attached." He said before closing his eyes. Three months, he was three months along. And more than five months he had been imprisoned. Five months since he had seen his family. He wondered if they were still looking for him. His thoughts were interrupted as he felt the bed shift and then a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"What do you want in return for eating?" Slade's voice was low and calm but was he serious? Damian could ask for the moon, it wasn't like there was actually anything Slade could give him that he wanted. Except for his freedom.

"Unless you will allow me to send notice to my family of my whereabouts you are wasting your time with that strategy." Damian bit out as he shrugged Slade's hand off. But instead of exploding in rage like he had expected, Slade spoke in a calm voice.

"I was more thinking in the lines that I would let you out for a walk around the mountain. Perhaps a training session." Slade seemed to wait for an answer. But Damian was not planning to give him one. "Think about it, beloved." Slade patted his shoulder one more time before getting up. He looked over the Iv's and then turned to leave. Giving instructions for the shadow that stayed to watch over Damian.

 As soon as the door closed Damian rested a hand on his belly. He felt very strange over the whole situation. Because even though he hated that Slade's child was growing inside him he couldn't help but feel connected to it. He looked at the iv in his arm but decided against taking it out. He really didn't want Slade to come back in there so instead he pulled the blanket closer to himself, deciding to sleep for a while. Hunger striking didn't leave him with much energy. He rubbed over the small expansion of his belly, he found it calming. He knew the creature inside him wasn't bigger than a plum but it felt like it filled his entire being. He let his half asleep mind wander. What would it look like? Who would it become? Would they have meta abilities like Slade? Would they look like him or would they look like Damian, the emerald green eyes and the sharp features of the Wayne family? What would his father think? He kept asking himself thousands of questions  all to try and figure out the big one. Should he keep the child?

A/N Hi! So I know the chapters I am publishing are really short but I think you guys would rather get shorter  chapters then a few really long ones that take forever to come out. :)  Anyways hope you are enjoying it so far and crying your hearts out. Mohahahah! Chilly Out!