Parts of a broken family

The family had spent the next hour and a half looking for Jason and Damian until Oracle watched the footage and delivered the sad news that Jason had let Damian go with Slade and lied to them. Tim had a hard time accepting that Jason would just let Damian go, especially when he had been so upset with everything that had happened to Damian when he was gone. But there was something else. He could feel a worry in his chest that wasn't his. And a couple of hours later he swung to an old Gotham roof and saw his omega perched on the edge next to a gargoyle, smoking a cigarette.

"I didn't really believe Bruce when he told me you had a favorite gargoyle." Tim said, a smile pulling at his lips. Jason gestured to the gargoyle.

"Gargoyle meet Tim, Tim, gargoyle." Jason presented and Tim sat down next to him, eying the gargoyle. He leaned in a little closer.

"I don't want to be rude but why do you hang out with this gargoyle, he seems a bit stiff."

"Ha!" Jason huffed out a laugh. "You hang out with the clone." Tim looked at him, a little offended.

"What does Connor have to do with this?" Jason shrugged.

"Mass production, cloning, not that different." Tim hit him with his elbow and then they entered a comfortable silence as they looked over their city. "the family is pissed at me, aren't they?"

"Pretty much, and to be honest I can't say I'm too happy either." Tim glanced at the older omega. "What happened?"

Jason blew out a cloud of smoke and put out the cigarette bud on the stone next to him, where three other buds already laid.

"He said he wanted to give Amir the childhood he never got to have and..." Jason trailed off. Tim looked at.

"And?" Jason bit his lip.

"And he wants to try and make things work with Slade."

"What!?" Tim exclaimed and Jason sighed.

"They are mates, Slade is the father of his child, he wants to see if he can make the relationship work. I gave him a week to contact us." Tim felt the anger boil in him.

"Why!? How could you let him do that? Jason we both know Slade, he is a manipulative asshole, he and Damian can never work! Why did you let him do that?!"

"Because I can't deny him the same thing I want!" Jason yelled back and Tim's anger turned into confusion.

"What?" He asked in a low voice. Jason didn't answer, he couldn't believe he was doing this. He took a deep breath.

"I want to make us work, I want to be with you." Silence. "I Know we tried and I know it didn't work, we just argued and I know chances are we aren't going to work out. I know it's better to stay friends then to end up hating each other but I want it so bad. How could I deny Damian the chance to be with his mate, the person he was meant to be with, his soul mate, when that's everything I want?" Tim stayed silent, looking at the omega in shock. "I know we talked about it, I know we said not right now but...'' Jason looked at Tim, his eyes covered by his domino mask. "Timothy?" Jason asked, he felt so scared. Shit he messed things up, again. Fuck! Jason looked away and he felt how tears where pricking at his eyes but then he felt a gentle gloved hand on his face. Turning his head back. Tim gently took of Jason's domino mask and then his own and Jason's breath hitched as he saw Tim's tear glazed blue eyes. Tim let his hand guid Jason head as he leaned forward and connected their lips. First softly then passionately. A moment later Tim pulled away and looked at Jason's wide eyes. A smile tugging at his lips.

"I love you Jason Peter Todd." Jason tensed his jaw, fighting back tears and he leaned forward, resting their foreheads together.

"Thank god." He whispered and Tim laughed, pulling Jason into an embrace.

"You better say it back." Tim laughed and Jason put his arms around him pulling in closer and hiding his face in his neck.

"Oh fuck I do, I love you so fucking much Tim." Tim smiled and leaned his head against Jason, kissing his hair.

"Good." Tim sighed as he breathed in his omegas scent. Jason, finely in his arms. His mate.

Bruce replayed the surveillance footage over and over again, trying to read Damian's lips, but no luck, the quality was too bad, and the camera too far away.

*Sigh* He leaned back in the chair of the bat-computer rubbing his eyes. How could he have let Damian go? Again!

"Master Bruce?" Bruce looked up at his adoptive father's frown.

"Yes Alfred, what is it?" Bruce sounded hopples, he felt like it too. He couldn't even protect his son. Alfred cleared his throat.

"I am aware that Damian leaving is hard for you, and it is a blow to all of us, butits harder for some more than others." Bruce raised a brow. "You have other sons that might need you right now."

"Tim?" Bruce asked, knowing Tim had had a really hard time when Damian disappeared.

"No sir, he I think went after master Jason, I'm talking about master Richard." Bruce furrowed his brow. Dick seemed to have been so put together during the last year, compared to the rest of the family.

"Is he alright?" Bruce's voice was filled with worry and the butler's frown deepened.

"No, no I don't think he is Bruce. Damian was his little brother, and you know how close they were." Alfred picked up a tray that was at the bat computer and turned to leave.

"Where is he?" Bruce asked as Alfred turned his back. The butler stopped without looking back.

"In master Damian's room sir." Alfred said, finding it hard saying his grandson's name. Bruce sat at the bat computer for a while longer. Simply staring out into blank space but eventually he gathered himself enough to stand up and walk up the stairs. He moved like a ghost through the manor until he came to Damian's door, hearing sobs slip out the unclosed door. He took a deep breath before opening the door fully, walking in.

Dick was sitting on the floor, holding Damians favorite hoodie close to him as he cried. Bruce felt his heart break as he walked up to his son. He sat down next to him and Dick immediately leaned on him. Bruce brought his arms around the adult omega and held him. They stayed like that for a while before Dick choked out a question.

"How-*sob*- how could he-*sob* leave-*sob*-? Bruce pressed him tighter to his chest. He didn't have an answer, neither did he know what to say to comfort his eldest. Dick wasn't just Damian's brother, he had been his legal guardian, Dick was like a second father to Damian, or perhaps a second mother. No matter Because Bruce knew that many times, Dick had been more of a parent to Damian than he'd been. He felt so stupid, stupid for have believed that Dick was put together during it all. He was just a better actor, had been through the loss so many times that it was like a routine for him. His parents, his brother's, his mate... they never spoke about it. How Wally West, the kid flash and his best friend was his mate. But when Wally had died, (Gotten lost in the time stream) their mate bond had died, so when he came back it was gone. Dick didn't have a mate anymore and it left him broken, clinging to anyone he could get and now, Damian had left him to make his own pack, his own family. Dick had to feel so alone, so abandoned.

"It will be alright Dick, I'm here."

*Sob!* Dick cried out, gripping on harder to Bruce, his father figure, the alpha that protected him.

"I've got you, son."

*SOB!* Dick cried harder, letting all the pent up hurt out while he clung on to Bruce, and cuddled Damian's shirt.