Don't wake up

Damian turned in the warm bed and cuddled closer to the body next to him. A hand stroked his hair and he let out a content hum.

"Wahhhhhhha, Wahhhhhhah!" Damian sighed and the chest he was lying on moved as it emitted a laugh. Damian started to sit up but a hand was placed on his cheek.

"I've got him, you stay." A kind voice spoke to him and half asleep Damian laid his head back on the pillows and the body next to him disappeared. The suddenly cold making Damian whine. Soon a much smaller body was put in his arms and he cuddled close to his baby, then the larger body laid down, bringing them both in a tight embrace. "He is like you, always complaining." Damian's eyes fluttered open and he looked at his mate who was smiling down at him, then Damian looked at the precious baby.

"He is one month old today." Damian said in a groggy voice.

"He is." Slade agreed and then kissed Damians forehead. "I love you my little omega." Damian closed his eyes and leaned closer into the mans embrace, taking a deep breath, smelling all of their scents mixed together, the smell of their family.

"Slade." Damian mumbled in his sleep and Dick looked down at his little brother with worry. Dick wondered what he was dreaming about, he looked so peaceful.

*Beep Beep beep! *

" Fuck! Shuu!" Dick whisper-yelled to his watch that had sounded. He looked at Damian and saw that he was still sound asleep. It had been three weeks now and Damian slept most nights in Dick's room, cuddled close to him. He wasn't doing too good, even if he had regained a lot of weight he had started throwing up and he felt weak and the medication to stop his lactating hadn't helped s he was still dealing with that. Dick sighed and brushed a stray hair from his brow. His baby brother was a father, Dick was an uncle.

*Bruu, Bruu!*

Dick's watch vibrated again, a bat shining on the screen, he didn't want to leave Damian but he didn't really have a choice, so he got up gently as to not wake Damian. He walked out of the room and closed the door before pressing the clock.

"Nightwing, what is this about?"

"Nightwing finely, you are needed down in the docks, all the cameras were shut off and something sketchy is going on down there." Barbra said. And Dick sighed, leaning against a wall.

"Babs, can't anyone else take this? I'm in the manor with Damian."

"Sorry Dick, no one else is available, several outages have happened throughout town, this was the latest, I need you." Dick nodded and sighed again, pushing himself from the wall and starting to speed walk toward the cave.

"I'm on it." Once down in the cave he was met with Alfred who had already prepared his bike and uniform. Dick quickly changed, put his escrima sticks on his back and mounted his bike. Before he put on his helmet he glanced at the glassmonter containing Damians robin suit. " Al, look after Damian, he shouldn't be left alone for too long."

"Of course master Dick." With that Dick sped off out from the cave.

It didn't take long for him to get to the docks and as he stopped his bike it was airy quiet until a voice spoke from the shadows.

"Oh, little blue bird." The hair on dicks neck rose and he quickly leaped off his bike, avoiding a shot to his shoulder by a second. Nigthwing glared at the shooter who was standing on a container. "I hoped it be you.'' The deep voice came from underneath the black and orange mask.

"Deathstroke!" Nightwing gritted out through his teeth. "What the hell are you doing here?" Slade aimed his gun at him and Dick flipped back, avoiding the incoming shots, finally he hid behind a container.

"I'm here for my mate of course, can you believe it actually took a month for me to track him down, Gotham was the obvious destination but I thought he was smarter than that, but nevertheless, now I have found him and I'm taking him with me home." Dick tensed his jaw.

"The hell you will!" Dick said, leaping at Slade from the side. Slade was taken off guard, he hadn't even seen Dick move.

"Still as impressive as ever Grayson." Slade said, amusement in his voice as he parried Dicks escrima sticks with his sword. They started a dance of attacks and parries, hits and kicks, moving back and forth on the large container.

"You are never touching Damian again, do you hear that you creep!" Dick yelled as he kicked Slade in the jaw. The large man stumbled backwards, gripped his chin and let out a chuckle.

"I only touched him when he asked me to." Dick became furious and hit Slade with his escrima stick and then stabbed him with the end of it, electrocuting him." "AAhhhhhh!" Slade screamed and Dick pulled back as Slade fell to one knee.

"You raped him, manipulated him for months, took his child from him." Dick brought down his stick for another hit but Slade blocked it and pushed himself up, making Dick stumble backwards.

"Is that what he's told you? I tried to keep him alive, he would be dead if it wasn't for me." Slade sliced against his chest but Dick blocked it. But the blade swiftly turned and cut down over Dicks side.

"Ahhhh! He didn't deserve any of that! He is just a kid!" Dick went to strike again but a shot rang out and pain filled Dick's body and he clutched his shoulder. Another shot rang out, the bullet hitting him in his thigh. "Ahhhhh!" Dick stumbled back and then fell to the ground as Slade roundhouse kicked him. Slade slowly walked up to him and knelt beside him.

"He is my mate, I have known that he was since before you knew he existed. I let him have a life, let him have his freedom, I waited years before pursuing him and I'm not letting him get away from me now." Slade gripped Dick's hair, pulling his head up so he looked at him. "His son needs his mother and Damian needs me and I'll show you just how much. Tell him to come to the assassin warehouse here in Gotham if he wants to see his son. He will come and he will choose me over you." Slade stood up, dropping Dick's head to the ground. And just like that he was gone. Dick groaned as he turned on the ground, he was lucky Slade needed him alive to relay the message or he would be dead. Dick pressed his watch and Barbra's voice came on in his ear.

"Nightwing, are you ok?" Dick coughed up some blood and then tried to speak.

"I'm...I'm gonna need pickup."

"Dick what happened?" Barbra said, worried over her ex and friend.

"Slade." Dick got out and then his vision went black.

Damian turned in his bed, it was cold. He missed a body next to him. He shifted again, finding it impossible to get comfortable. 

"Slaadee! Damian whined but then the mattress shifted and a warm body was pressed against him. A hand coming up to brush his cheek.

"Hush my little prince, sleep. We will be together soon." Damian smiled and cuddled into the warmth of the body. That bent down, kissing the side of his head before whispering in his ear. "He is waiting for you Damian, your son need you." 

Damian's brow furrowed, his eyes fluttered open and he looked at the empty pillow next to him. He sat up and looked towards the window that was wide open, curtains fluttering in the wind. Was it a dream? Damian sniffed the breeze and then the bed. It smelled like Slade. He pulled the covers to his nose and breathed in the scent, stroking the fabric against his skin. Slade.