Mates all around

"He what?" Jason's eyes widened as he sat on the sofa in the manor. Dick leaned forward.

"He has a son." Dick repeated and Jason blinked slowly, trying to get his brain to catch up.

"A kid, Damian, with Slade?" Tim, who was also sitting on the sofa nodded.

"And apparently, Slade brought him back twice with the pit after Damian killed himself." Jason's eyes widened further.

"Wait, hold on. Let me get this straight. He went to nanda parbat to help Talia, but it was all a trick Slade made to get him there because he believed they were mates, so he holds Damian prisoner, revives him when he kills himself twice over, and then tries to seduce him."

"And when Damian entered his heat and threw himself at him – because you know heats.– He marked and mated him, getting him pregnant." Dick had continued and then Tim spoke next.

"Only for him, to use the baby to manipulate Damian until he is forced to escape without the child, travel up through south America and then be smuggled over the border in from Mexico." Jason shook his head and stood up.

"That's a hell of a lot of information. But wait. So Slade still has the child." Dick nodded.

"His name is Amir, however Damian doesn't seem to be all too concerned, he says Slade would never hurt him." Jason scoffed.

"Eh yeah right, remember Jorico, do you really think Slade never hurt Josef or  Grant and I know Rose well enough to know she would not give him a father of the year award." Tim sighed.

"Well neither would you give that award to Bruce but–"

"I'd never trust Bruce with a child alone, especially not an infant." Dick and Tim shared a glance thinking they might have missed something but decided to move past it.

"Well, as long as Amir is just an infant I don't think Slade would do any real harm." Dick said with a shy smile, but Jason frowned.

"But the moment the child learns how to walk he will start to train it to become the heir to the demon, it will be like Damian's upbringing all over again." The three brothers stared into the floor and Jason sat down again. "I can't believe he went through all that shit, and it's still not over." The room fell into a tense silence as Bruce walked in and met Jason's eyes.

"Welcome back Jason." Bruce said in a monotone voice and Jason glared at the man.

"Don't read too much into it, I'm only here for Damian." Bruce nodded and walked past them and Jason scoffed. Dick and Tim looked at their brother with tired eyes.

"Can't you be civil against him, just once." Tim said and Jason's eyes instantly glared at him.

"Come back when he has let you get beaten and blown up by a clown and we can have that discussion again." Jason stood up and quickly walked away. Dick was about to stand up and go after him but Tim held out a hand and stood up.

"Let me Dick." Tim started looking around the house. Jason was fast for such a big guy and knew the manor extremely well, but thanks to Tim's tracking skills, 15 minutes later, he found him in the attic.

"You took your time." Jason said tiredly where he sat, looking out the small attic window. Tim sighed and walked over to the older man.

"You okay?" Jason kept looking out the window but Tim just stood and waited for his answer.

"He was brought back twice." Tim frowned.

"Hey." He said softly and sat down in front of Jason, cupping his cheeks. "Look at me Jay." Jasons let his blue green eyes look into the younger's baby blue once. "He is alright, he is here. And Damian has been in the pit before, it doesn't affect him as much. Slade probably didn't even let him become cold before bringing him back, you know it has a milder impact then." Jason looked at the floor. 

Tim bent down and kissed his cheek, then he bent a little further and kissed the side of his mouth. Jason slowly raised his head and turned it to capture the younger's  soft lips, first in one kiss, then another. They shifted and Jason pulled Tim into his lap and kissed him deep, slipping his tongue into his mouth. The kiss was heated and force full but they pulled away after a few seconds, breathing heavily.

"I thought you said you didn't want to do this again?" Jason asked as he moved a hair behind Tim's ear.

"Shut up and kiss me." Tim crushed his lips on Jasons again and Jason cupped his face, and traced his other hand over Tim's back, pulling him closer. Tim's hands went into the older's hair, grabbing ahold and tugging harshly, making him moan. Tim took his opportunity and pushed his tongue into his mouth as he moved against Jason's lap. Jason was falling into submission ridiculously fast so he quickly moved his hand from Tim's cheek to his chest and gently pushed him back.

"Timbers we can't, especially not in the manor. Bruce will kill me if he finds out about us.'' Tim stroked Jason's hair and then curled the white streak with his finger.

"Oh you are right, shit sorry." Tim stood up and pulled his fingers through his own hair, regretting his previous action. "I guess I'm just so emotional with everything going on with Damian and... I don't know, but you are right sorry. We have tried this, it didn't work. It's just the stupid mate bond, any time I'm close to you I seem to lose control." Tim crossed his arms.

"It really affects you that much, even if you haven't marked me?" Jason sounded so sweet and soft, it was a way he only spoke to Tim.

"Yeah, but it affects betas and alphas more than it does omegas, you guys are more affected after being marked." Tim sighed and turned his back, Jason felt bad, he did like Tim, he was his mate after all but they never worked out as a couple, not that they tried for very long, no one even knew they were mates, they had kept it secret for a long time.

"I'm sorry Tim-. '' Jason started but was interrupted.

"No don't be, we didn't workout, it's not unreasonable to not want to be marked by someone you don't love." Tim didn't sound very sincere or happy with his own statement, he was tapping his foot and sounded agitated. Jasons stood up and walked over, hugging Tim from behind and hiding his nose in the crock of his neck and chin, breathing in his scent.

"I do love you Tim, I'm just not any good at relationships, you know that. It would never work."

"Heh, a relationship between you, mr insecure, mother hen with PTSD and Daddy issues and me, mr workaholic with bipolar disorder and OCD, what could possibly go wrong." Tim said sarcastically. Jason kissed his neck.

"Everything, absolutely everything, we could really raise the bar for horrible relationships." Jasons said jokingly and a smile crept through Tim's frown. He brought a hand up to cup Jason's cheek.

"But you are right, we shouldn't, and by the way we would never win that competition because Damian just did." Jason and Tim huffed out pity laughs and Tim turned around and hugged the large man. "And even if we decide to do this one day, now is not the time. We have to get Damian's pup back, and I think Bruce might completely break if we threw this at him right now." Jason nodded and kissed Tims hair.

"Yeah you are right, let's just... not right now." They looked at each other and Jason bent down and Tim stood on his toes for one last kiss. Then they pulled away from each other and started walking out of the room.