Family

The warehouse was in bad shape but easy to infiltrate. They had parked their vehicles a few blocks away and now they were carefully entering the building. But so far it was empty. Just like Damian had said it didn't seem like it had been used in years other than by the occasional homeless person or gang as a place to shoot up. There were large empty crates that stood along the walls, giving good cover, they finally arrived in the big hall. 10 meter ceiling and probably 20 by 50 meters in size. The bats stealthy made their way into the hangar-like hall but suddenly there was light. A big light in the ceiling shone down on them and a bits away there stood a band of assassins. The bats readied themselves for battle.

"Now now, there is no need for that, is there?" A smug voice echoed through the hall and a shiver went down Damian's spine. The white haired man stepped forward from behind the assassins, dressed in his iconic black and orange suit and a small child in his arms. Damian's heart leapt into his throat as he saw his child. He was about to sprint forward but was able to stop his impulse.

"Give us the child Slade!" Bruce growled and Slade smiled smugly.

"I have no problem giving him to you." All of the bats looked at each other in confusion and Slade locked eyes with Damian. "All you have to do is come and get him."

"Damian don't it's a trap he will never let you go!" Dick yelled, scared of losing his brother. Damian didn't let Slade's eyes go and Slade smiled kindly.

"If you want to take him and go back with the bats I will let you. I won't stop you, all you got to do is come here and take him." Damian looked intently into Slades eyes and then he took a step forward. Dick felt the panic grow and he reached and grabbed a hold of Damian's hand.

"Dami, No!" Damian shook him off and walked towards Slade with determined steps. There was a tense silence as Damian walked over the room, holding his breath. Then he looked down at Amir and the child's eyes lit up and a smile spread across his lips.

"A-da!" He babbled happily as he retched out his tiny arms towards him. All Damian's doubt disappeared and he quickly walked up, extending his arms and taking the child, hugging him tightly. "A-da!" Amir squealed in glee and a smile spread over Damian's lips. He had his son, Amir was safe in his arms and Damian felt his heart being patched together. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up. He hadn't realized how close he was to Slade but as their eyes met Damian felt his heart flutter. The alphas scent was calming, exhilarating and arousing, all at once. He hadn't realized how much he loved Slades scent before. Slade let his hand come up and cup Damian's cheek. He smiled down kindly at the omega and Damian was completely set at ease.

"Do you see now Damian." Slade brushed his thumb over Damian's cheek and it sent sparks through his body. He did understand. "It's your choice beloved, I won't stop you." Slade whispered in a loving voice. Damian looked down at his pup in his arms. He could feel it, just like before, lite another heart was beating in his body.

"Damian!" Bruce called over the room and Damian looked at his family's worried faces. He turned completely, taking a step towards them. Dick felt relief fill his body and the whole bat family seemed to react the same, but then Damian stopped after that one step.

"I'm going with Slade."  

...