Prologue - Live On

"Do it." I lifted up my quivering hand and pushed the knife towards Jake Sully's chest.

"Brother...I won't kill you." He whispered softly, there was a tinge of sadness in his eyes, but more than anything I saw relief in them, relief that the battle was over and that Neytiri was safe. She was crying over my broken body, the hurt in her face made my wounds ache worse than before.

"I cannot lead them. Become Olo'eyktan, protect the people." Blood rose to my throat from the desperate attempts to speak, the skywalkers had cut my queue when I fell, we both knew there was no saving me.

"I'm not officer material." He joked, even at a time like this..

I grabbed onto his forearm firmly, and looked deep within his eyes.

"It is decided, it is the way! I will be remembered,  brother. They will know that I fought with Toruk Makto!" It was all I could muster in my pained state. My words were unwavering, but I knew that in my eyes, was a hint of uncertainty, of regret. "Let Toruk Makto be my last shadow."

Jake looked towards Neytiri, she turned away with a sad expression on her muddied face. He breathed out heavily and nodded, understanding her decision as well as mine. I let out a slight smile, the best I could manage, if not for myself, then for their consciousness as they took my last breath. Jake stood up over me, casting his shadow over my broken body, the shadow of Toruk Makto. I never would have thought that he would be the last thing I saw before meeting Eywa, but at this moment I could not have been more proud. He took the knife in his hand and stabbed me through the gut.

"May you pass through Eywa, my brother." He whispered, the pain made me groan, every inch of my body went numb. I knew my time in this world was up, finally I would be with her again... I smiled and closed my eyes, and as I drew my last breath, I was at peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At first there was nothing, darkness within a void that did not phyiscally exist. Strangely there was still a warmth surrounding me, I did not feel scared or anxious. I did not feel anything. Then I saw it, a light so bright, and so pure. I knew that if I still had eyes it would have blinded me instantly.

The light of Eywa, it was a force I could not describe even with a thousand words, her presence alone nearly burnt a hole through my soul. It was obvious that what I was looking at was not her true form, merely a mirage. Even so, it was mighty.

"What are you doing here my child? Your time is not up yet." The light whispered in a language I did not know, yet somehow could understand perfectly.

"What do you mean?" I asked the light.

It stifled a chuckle that echoed throughout the darkness and straight into my being.
"I have many more plans for you, now go back and arise from whence you came."

With those words, a single warm ray of the light extended towards me and touched the center of my soul, sending my flying.

                     Then there was nothing.

Then there was pain. It felt like thousands of knives were stuck in my chest. I screamed, realizing that I could feel again. My eyes opened to see Kifkey Eywa'evenga, the motherland, but the surroundings were unrecognizable. Underneath me was a reinforced giant leaf floating on a massive body of water. Land was nowhere to be found. Confused and angry that I was cheated out of death I cursed Eywa, to which I could have sworn I heard her laugh at.

"Have they not even buried me? What is this!" I just know Jake Sully had something to do with it. Him and his weird dream walker customs.
"I swear.. when I get back, I am going to kill you Jake Sully!"