Chapter 7 - Stronger

I know Tsu'tey did not mean anything personal when he said my body was weak, but I really took that to heart. So I began to train, starting by running on the ground. It hurt my feet, which were used to swimming, and my lungs which were not as used to open air, but I managed. Soon it did not hurt my feet at all, of course even training my body to the extreme would not counter thousands of years of evolutional changes, but I will do what I can to not be a burden.

Tsu'tey taught me how to make a bow and arrow today, the stick snapped back in my face more times than I like to admit, but eventually I got it down. If there was one thing he ever praised me for it was being quiet when hunting, I was able to make little to no noise since I was used to floating all the time.

You would not guess it, but pulling back a bow is really hard! The first few days of trying I could not do it all all. After building up some muscle I was finally able to pull it back, the next challenge was shooting it.

"Arm up, chest high, Shoulders back." Tsu'tey would tell me.

"Okay okay."

We silently crept through the forest, stalking a Yerik that was feeding on the bush.

Tsu'tey once told me that the Yerik was one of the most beautiful creatures on Eywa, and to that I asked him why we hunted them

"Well they taste good" Was his response.

He motioned for me to draw aim, I took a deep breath in and looked for its lung opening. I fired and hit it spot on.

"I got it!!" I yelled to Tsu'tey who was cheering me on, I quickly ran over to it and my smiled faded.

The animal was in pain, I caused its pain for my own health. I looked towards Tsu'tey who nodded at me, I finally understood why we apologize to the things we kill for food.

"Forgive me brother, you will now become apart of the people. Return to the eye of Eywa to be judged. Rest peacefully in paradise." And with that I mercifully killed it.

Tsu'tey stared at me with an expression I could not read. His eyes were soft and warm... it made me nervous.

~~

It was a long journey to Tsu'tey's homeland, it was tough on both of us. We did not always see eye to eye as they say.

"Why are we going through the trees!" I yelled.

"Because I said so!"

"SKXAWNG!"

"Shut up!"

~~

Other times we had very... interesting conversations.

"WHATTT you guys do not have polygamy?" I asked with disbelief.

"No? We choose one mate and mate for life."

"What if a girl wanted to be with a girl?" I said curiously.