Chapter 15 - Unexpected Journey

"Let them in." I sighed heavily.

The man raised his hand and the vines around the entrance immediately sunk into the ground. Like clockwork two bodies rolled down into the cavern with a loud bang. Tsu'tey jumped up with his dagger to the ready and shouted a war cry while Jake hissed and aimed his bow at the man, both of them were covered in mud from head to toe.

"Calm down you guys!" I yelled while standing between them and the man. A chuckle escaped my throat as I gazed at their appearance.

"Who are you!" Tsu'tey shouted angrily. His eyes were full of rage.

The man just put his hands up with a blank expression on his face.

"Wait actually yeah, who are you?" I asked.

He stared at us and then sighed. His strange violet covered eyes seemed to glow in the shade of the soul tree. He did not look like a normal Na'vi, and his clothes were unlike any I have seen in the tribes we have met.

"My name is Lesngä'i, but you can call me Esnä" His voice was smooth and as calm as the night sky, but his eyes were cold and calculated.

"Okay but what is your REAL name." I said bluntly.

He looked amused by my question. "That is my real name."

"That's not a name!" Jake shouted.

"Anything can be a name if you want it to be."

"Ha! So you are admitting that it is not your real name!" Tsu'tey exclaimed.

"I never said that."

"Well you implied it." I chimed in. We looked at eachother with confusion, but decided to drop it. "You guys Esnä here is the reason the RDA camp was run over with vines, he was protecting the cathedral."

"Why here?" Jake asked. "Why this place out of all the soul trees."

"It wasn't really about the soul tree, it was about the cathedral itself. This place was once very special to our people." He looked down at his hands with a solemn expression on his face.

"You are not our people! Why did you try to keep us out!" Tsu'tey shouted.

"It was an honest mistake."

"Tìngay na ingyentsyì, txanfwìngtu..." He muttered under his breath. (honest like a trick, bastard...)

"I heard that!" Esnä shouted loudly.

"Good!" Tsu'tey shouted back.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay enough of the..pleasantries.. We need to find three more harmonics! Who knows how many the skywalkers have by now."

"Awa'iti is right we're wasting time." Jake said as he put his bow down. "We need to go, where's the next location?"

"Uh let me check." I said as I grabbed the writing. "It says somewhere that was once on fire but is now filled with water."