Chapter 11 - Ikran tries to Kill me

Thinking back on the situation, I must have looked really stupid laying on the ground face first as the giant beast screeched from above. I think I might have even passed out for a moment. I slowly rolled over to find a magnificent Ikran staring at me, I had never seen this color before but it was blinding.

 I slowly rolled over to find a magnificent Ikran staring at me, I had never seen this color before but it was blinding

I could hear Jake screaming in the background as he flew towards me, but I just shook my head telling him to back off. This ikran reflected the sun off of its bright colored wings making it hard to look at, for something that stuck out so much I was surprised that it had survived this long. I stuck out my hand but it just snapped at me, I could see Tsu'tey coming back from his flight in the distance. If I was gonna do this it had to be now, as it bent down to take my head I rolled over and jumped onto its back. It screeched and reached for me but I had already made the bond, one thing I had over the Forest Na'vi was that I was a lot faster and way more flexible. As soon as our queues touched I began to see everything it saw, I could feel its heart beating and its breath slowing. Calm down, I told the beast.

Why did you attack me? I asked.

Different. Was all it hissed back.

I see so you wanted a little seafood Huh? I joked.
At that point I did not care that Tsu'tey was racing fast towards me or that Jake was looking at me weirdly, all I wanted to do was fly.

As soon as I thought it the Ikran shot up into the sky with speed like no other, I closed my eyes from the rushing wind. Steering an ikran was a lot different than riding on the back of one. I learned quickly that when the beast turned I had to put my weight to the other side or I would fall off. As I opened my eyes I got the full view of the floating mountains, I yelped as we flew through a waterfall that fell down from the sky. I laughed and held out my hands to touch the cold liquid, I noticed that none of the other ikran got too close to mine because of how bright he was. How odd, you are alone, just like me.

I shall name you Kan'apa, for you are the brightest light in the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How did you do that?" Jake asked me as soon as I came back from my flight, he had a black eye presumably from Tsu'tey who ran up to me.

"How could you be so reckless! Even a skywalker would know not to do what you just did!"

"What is the big deal? He challenged me and I accepted."

"You could have gotten killed! Seasoned warriors have lost their lives to trials like this." He yelled.

"But I am not dead, I am smarter than you think and not nearly as weak either." I said firmly.

He huffed and turned away.

I smiled and grabbed his chin forcing him to look at me. "I am okay, I promise."

He closed his eyes and nodded.

I turned towards Jake and Neytiri who were looking at the strange Ikran I had bonded with.