Chapter 19 - Makto ko

Jake POV

"Okay." I said while heaving, I knelt down to the ground to catch my breath.

"Tell me where me sister is." The man said.

"Look I told you I don't know, we parted ways already. What's your deal?"

"I have to bring her home!" He said angrily.

"Why?"

He looked down at the ground and then sighed. "I do not know, Father wants her back. That is all."

"You seriously crossed the ocean to find the sister that you clearly don't even like, just because your Father told you to?" I asked.

"It is complicated.. father always said she had a lot of power, he says she cannot be allowed to go outside."

"That raises a lot of red flags... Awa'iti said your villagers didn't know how to fight, but clearly you do. What are you trying to hide?"

"That is none of your business." He huffed.

"Well you still couldn't beat me." I said while holding up his crystal dagger.

He glared at me angrily while trying to snatch it back.

I held it above my head where he couldn't reach it.

"That is not funny!"

"How'd you learn how to fight?" I asked.

"Stop asking me questions!"

"I'll give you back your dagger if you tell me."

He stopped jumping and looked my dead in the eyes, he sighed. "I am part of an elite band of fighters in my tribe, nobody besides us and the Chief know of our existence. That is why Awa'iti did not think anyone in the tribe knew how to fight."

"That's a big secret for her brother and father to be able to hide.." I said unsure.

"It was a big cave."

"Ahh, but what was the reason for learning to fight?"

The man got silent and looked away.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"....Yewla."

I shook my head, "That's an unfortunate name..to be fair it sounds nice though.."

"As a middle child I was never as amazing and praised as my older sister, and never as cared for as my youngest

"As a middle child I was never as amazing and praised as my older sister, and never as cared for as my youngest."

Why was it that he had to find Awa'iti so bad? What did he mean by her having power? As far as I knew she was pretty weak. "Look, I'll help you try to find her if you tell me what's going on, what's REALLY going on. But first, I need to be with my wife.." I walked away from him and headed back into the tent to be with Neytiri, she was weakening.