ii. presenting lorelai gilmore

"cause i'm just a teenage dirtbag, babyyeah, i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby"

yeah, i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby"

•••

season two, episode six

lorelai and rory are sitting at the counter of the diner. lorelai and emilia are both reading some of rory's homework.

"it sucks. i know it sucks, just tell me it sucks." rory groans. 

"it's great." lorelai tells her.

"no it's not."

"don't lie."

"a-plus." emilia tells her.

"you're my best friend." rory complains which causes emilia and lorelai to make a face at each other because of how ridiculous rory is being.

"is anything higher than an a-plus?" lorelai asks her daughter semi-sarcastically but it goes right over her head. or she's just ignoring it.

"you have to say that." rory complains.

"it's an a-plus with a crown and a wand." lorelai tells her.

"this is not how you raise a child. you don't send them out there with a false sense of pride because out there, in the real world, no one will coddle you. i'd rather know right now if i'm gonna be working at cnn or carrying a basket around its offices with sandwiches in it." rory rants.

"rory." lorelai interrupts.

"yeah?" rory asks out of breath.

"it's great." lorelai praises her.

"really?" rory asks somewhat hesitantly.

"really really." emilia pipes up.

"thank you." rory tells the two next to her.

luke walks over to the three girls with coffee in his hand to fill the gilmore girls' mugs.

"coffee, coffee. okay what do you want? eggs, toast, combo?"

"what's the rush there, zippy?" lorelai asks him. 

"i'm just swamped this morning. i was supposed to have help but i don't." he looks to emilia and she looks at him with a sheepish look. "so order right now or i'm bringing the both of you an egg white omelet with a side of steamed spinach."

"pancakes." lorelai yells out.

"french toast." rory yells out after her mother.

"thank you." luke tells the two of them and emilia gets back to work as jess comes down the stairs.

"jess you were supposed to be down here...what the hell is that?" luke asks him.

"what?" jess asks innocently